Community
Arnold for Cinema 4D Forum
Rendering with Arnold in CINEMA 4D using the C4DtoA plug-in.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mesh light very dim intensity.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
najregnaj
135 Views, 3 Replies

Mesh light very dim intensity.

I'm  new to C4dtoa and have been following some mesh light tutorials. But for some reason when I  add the mesh light tag to a mesh just like in the tutorials the intensity of light is very low. I have to crank up the intensity/exposure settings fairly high to get equivalent results.

Some of these tutorials are a couple of years old so I'm wondering if something has changed more recently with Arnold or C4D?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
peter_horvath
in reply to: najregnaj

I don't recall any recent changes. Can you tell me which tutorial are you referring to and what's your result compared to the expected one?

// Peter Horvath
// C4DtoA developer
Message 3 of 4
najregnaj
in reply to: peter_horvath

Hi thanks for the reply.

One of the tutorials was this LED strip one:

https://youtu.be/w9S07tP9EQ4

Every time I tried following it the amount of light coming from the mesh lights was so dim with default settings it was almost indiscernible.

Anyway I rechecked all the preferences etc and still couldn't work out what was going on so did a clean install of C4D and Arnold and things seem to be working as they should now!

It just seems strange any other light type worked fine. Only mesh lights were giving me grief. Oh well hopefully everything is good now.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 4
peter_horvath
in reply to: najregnaj

Hmm, that's odd. Anyway, if you have any similar issue again, please let us know.

// Peter Horvath
// C4DtoA developer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report