Community
Arnold for Cinema 4D Forum
Rendering with Arnold in CINEMA 4D using the C4DtoA plug-in.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintenance Plan to Subscription - Single or Multi-user?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
shawn
182 Views, 2 Replies

Maintenance Plan to Subscription - Single or Multi-user?

It's that time of year again; time for the Autodesk licensing nightmare.

So those of us who bought C4DtoA years ago and have been paying for maintenance plans to get updates will be forced to a subscription plan.

My current plan is identified as 1 seat - maintenance plan - multi user (even though I'm really just a single user).

Using the network license server thing running on my Mac I can use C4DtoA on that Mac or on a PC (but not at the same time).

Would the single-user subscription ($360/year) allow me to continue to do that? My reseller indicates I'd need a multi-user subscription ($630) to do that, which seems crazy. All of the single-user subscription software I use (C4D being the prime example) allows me to use it on different computers as long as I've logged out of the system I'm not using.

Best.

Shawn Marshall

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
shawn
in reply to: shawn

Nevermind, a search reveals this from the Autodesk FAQ for single-user subscriptions:

With a subscription to Arnold software, you can install it on up to 3 computers or other devices. However, only the named user can sign in and use that software on a single computer at any given time. Please refer to the Software License Agreement for more information.

I assume that means I'll have to be constantly signing in and out to jump between different workstations. At least the license server on my Mac was smart enough to know which system was actually being used and behaved accordingly in regards to watermarks.

Message 3 of 3
Stephen.Blair
in reply to: shawn

@

You cannot use Arnold on two machines at the same time. Use

https://www.autodesk.com/company/terms-of-use/en/subscription-types

Your Authorized User may install Software on up to three (3) Electronic Devices; however, Your Authorized User may only use the Software on one (1) Electronic Device at a time.

// Stephen Blair
// Arnold Renderer Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report