Community
Arnold for Cinema 4D Forum
Rendering with Arnold in CINEMA 4D using the C4DtoA plug-in.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Light attribute crashes IPR

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
leandro.cattani
317 Views, 9 Replies

Light attribute crashes IPR

Hello!

All the time I change a light attribute, arnold IPR crashes!!! 

this happens in any file I work. Why?

Macbook M1 2021 16 pol.

Cinema 4D 2023.1.0

Arnold v4.5.1.1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3f3r7w61hyzkdhl/prova.c4d?dl=0 

Thank you!

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

I can't reproduce it. I see one mesh light in you scene. Changing any attributes, like intensity or exposure works fine in the IPR. Is this crash new in C4DtoA 4.5.1.1? Could you please describe the steps to reproduce? Does the Autodesk crash report dialog pops up when the IPR crashes?

// Peter Horvath
// C4DtoA developer
Message 3 of 10

Hello Peter!

Was not new. Well, it crash also when I’m using without care if is gonna work or not, but always when I try to change exposure or intensity. The crash report pops up, and I write the same as the title of my post.

Thank you.
Message 4 of 10

Thanks, I see the crash reports, they can give me a hint. I'll investigate and let you know if I find the problem.

// Peter Horvath
// C4DtoA developer
Message 5 of 10

Thank you!!!
Message 6 of 10

Unfortunately, I still can't reproduce your crash. The crash reports point to light linking, which is weird because I don't see any light linking setup in your scene. I'm kinda lost at this point. So you just open the scene you sent me (prova.c4d), start the IPR, change intensity or exposure on the mesh light and that's it? You have no motion blur enabled or any special setting in the IPR, right?

// Peter Horvath
// C4DtoA developer
Message 7 of 10

Hey Peter, 

I don't know if you get my answer. I sent a simple scene, only with the light that crashed the system. Here is the complete scene.

Thank you.

Message 8 of 10

Thank you, I managed to reproduce the crash with the full scene and found the problem. It will be fixed in the next release.

// Peter Horvath
// C4DtoA developer
Message 9 of 10

This should be now fixed in C4DtoA 4.5.1.2.

// Peter Horvath
// C4DtoA developer
Message 10 of 10

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report