Community
Arnold for Cinema 4D Forum
Rendering with Arnold in CINEMA 4D using the C4DtoA plug-in.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to limit the cpu threads with the denoiser (or set a pass count before denoised)?

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
jankarl.exe
125 Views, 1 Reply

How to limit the cpu threads with the denoiser (or set a pass count before denoised)?

Hey there,

It's been awhile since I've used this engine. I've been trying to figure out how to limit the cpu threads when rendering with the intel denoiser. The performance is unbearable when navigating the scene with the ipr on and the denoiser. I'm currently using a ryzen 5 5600g with a radeon card (I can't use nvidia denoiser) and the performance is just really bad.

I tried limiting the thread count in the preference to half (6, although c4d is more responsive) and it barely makes a difference. There's also no setting that lets me set a pass count before it gets denoised. Basically it's being denoised at the lowest pass count and therefore slow when navigating the scene.

Would love to know if there's a work around for this. Thanks!

C4D R26.107
Arnold Latest

Labels (5)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
peter_horvath
in reply to: jankarl.exe

There's no thread count or pass control specifically for the denoiser. Does setting 

imager_overhead_target_percent 0

in the user options of the render settings help? It controls how often the imagers run.

peter_horvath_0-1657040222304.png

// Peter Horvath
// C4DtoA developer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators