Community
Arnold for Cinema 4D Forum
Rendering with Arnold in CINEMA 4D using the C4DtoA plug-in.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect Arnold material with MoGraph?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
contactsprky
376 Views, 7 Replies

How to connect Arnold material with MoGraph?

I need to make the clones change color after interacting with the Plain Effector. In standard rendering, Octane and Redshift, this can be done using the MoGraph node "Color Shader", or simply by changing the color in the Cloner tab -Transform and Color Remap (but this is not displayed in Arnold) 1.jpg2.jpg3.1.jpg

Labels (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Check this post, you can read the color via a user_data_rgb shader.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/arnold-for-cinema-4d-forum/is-the-mograph-color-shader-supported-in-c...

// Peter Horvath
// C4DtoA developer
Message 3 of 8

How to use it? Where to connect it?
Message 4 of 8

It's a shader which returns the color of a clone (specifically the Display Color attribute of the object). You can connect it to the Base color of a standard_surface for instance or wherever you need it.

// Peter Horvath
// C4DtoA developer
Message 5 of 8

I have the following situation: I applied the material from the userdata_rgb shader to the cloner, and all the clones in the render became black. user_data_rgb was connected directly to Arnold Beauty. There is no Attribute parameter
Message 6 of 8

Attached a simple scene with a Plain Effector showing the shader in action. Maybe your setup is different and does not set the Display Color attribute of the clones. If still does not work for you, please send me your scene and I'll take a look.

// Peter Horvath
// C4DtoA developer
Message 7 of 8

Even in your scene, the materials are not displayed. I attached my own

mograph.png

Message 8 of 8

I solved the problem by adding user_data_rgba instead of user_data_rgb

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report