Community
Arnold for Cinema 4D Forum
Rendering with Arnold in CINEMA 4D using the C4DtoA plug-in.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Noice denoise image sequences?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
ssjenforcer191191191
210 Views, 2 Replies

Does Noice denoise image sequences?

I've been trying to find out how to use denoiser.  I have a render sequence that is taking 2hrs per frame, so I am trying to find a way to reduce time and keep the quality.

It's a bit contradictory.  In the documentation, it says it can denoise image sequences, then in the very next line it says:

imager_denoiser_noice does not support temporal denoising (required for denoising an animation).

So can it do sequences or not?

And if I understand some tutorials, you have to render the sequences first and then use denoice?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

I think I understand now what the imager means.  I guess I don't plan on using imagers; I'll just use the noice post render.

Message 3 of 3

There is an Arnold Denoiser imager and a command line tool.

The imager is executed as part of the current frame render as a post step. It has no information of the previous and following frames, thus it does not support temporal denoising. It's mainly for single frame, but in some cases you can still use it to denoise an animation, but it really depends on the scene.

For animation the command like tool (noice) is recommended, which you can setup and run from the render settings. That has to be executed on the rendered image sequence thus it can do temporal denoising.

// Peter Horvath
// C4DtoA developer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report