Community
Arnold for Cinema 4D Forum
Rendering with Arnold in CINEMA 4D using the C4DtoA plug-in.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Color Correct not work for Mesh_Light?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
ssjenforcer191191191
219 Views, 7 Replies

Does Color Correct not work for Mesh_Light?

I tried using the Color Correct tab inside the Mesh_Light object to change the texture map I have as the light source, but the settings all have zero effect on the output.

Is this a bug?  I don't see any reason for the tab if it doesn't work with texture maps, because any other source of light (eg. color) wouldn't need color correct.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

It seems to work fine for me (Cinema 4D 2024 / C4DtoA 4.6.6.2 / Windows).

Color correct turned off:

peter_horvath_0-1701801932074.png

Color correct turned on, gamma set to 2.2:

peter_horvath_1-1701801950109.png

// Peter Horvath
// C4DtoA developer
Message 3 of 8

Are you using a texture image?

It doesn't work at all for me in c4d 2024.

Also, I wasn't using the mesh light tag.  I used a mesh light object and used a texture map projected onto a object from the object tabs.

Should I be using a tag like you're using?

Message 4 of 8

I just tried using the mesh_light tag, as well, and it too provides absolutely no functionality for color correct.

Message 5 of 8

2023-12-06 00_05_03-Arnold IPR Window v4.6.6.2 (Arnold 7.2.4.1).png

 Also, I am trying to light my street scene with mesh light tags on the street lights here, and below are the same scene with the Sky object disabled so I can see how much light only the street lights are emitting. 

You can see they don't emit any light that lights the area around them, and I even tried 50000 intensity, and it looks exactly the same as the other two.

Am I doing something wrong?

When the IPR is first loading the initial phase of iteration of the render it does look like the lights are lighting the area, but then on the second iteration and beyond, it just looks like the images I uploaded.

Why would the lighting turn to darkness?

When I open a fresh scene and clone spheres with mesh_lights tags, I can easily light the scene with them no problem.

I can't understand why my other scene can't produce the same results.

Message 6 of 8

@ssjenforcer191191191 wrote:

Are you using a texture image?

It doesn't work at all for me in c4d 2024.

Also, I wasn't using the mesh light tag.  I used a mesh light object and used a texture map projected onto a object from the object tabs.

Should I be using a tag like you're using?

The mesh light object should work just as fine. I have attached a simple example scene, both a mesh light object and a tag, let me know if that works.

// Peter Horvath
// C4DtoA developer
Message 7 of 8

Not sure what's going on with those lamps. Hard to tell without looking at the scene. Are there any warnings or errors in the console log?

// Peter Horvath
// C4DtoA developer
Message 8 of 8

I don't get any errors related to it.

As for the lamps, I find that making a brand new instance and cloning with a new cloner inside the same scene, it works just fine.  Somehow the cloners I have around my city got corrupted, because even though they have the exact same settings, only they have non-working mesh lights.

And as I said, the initial IPR iteration looks like it is working, and then it just turns to darkness.

Very strange.

I would have to remake all the cloners again to make it work.  80 cloners.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report