Community
Arnold for Cinema 4D Forum
Rendering with Arnold in CINEMA 4D using the C4DtoA plug-in.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does C4DtoA for 2024 force you to create new materials in node editor?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
diego6S3FN
182 Views, 2 Replies

Does C4DtoA for 2024 force you to create new materials in node editor?

Hi, I just installed C4D 2024.3.2 with C4DtoA 4.6.8 if I create a new material it does it in the node editor is this normal or can it be changed in some preference?

If I open legacy library materials it keeps them in the old editor but if I convert a C4D material to Arnold material it also does it in the node editor.

Is there any way to convert materials from node editor to Legacy?

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
peter_horvath
in reply to: diego6S3FN

The default material system can be changed in the Preferences.

Note, that support for legacy materials will drop at some point, and they will be removed in the future. It is a longer process though, not going to happen from one day to the next. The first step was changing the default material system to the Node Material in Cinema 4D 2024.

Is there any specific reason you prefer the legacy materials over Node materials, like missing features, performance, etc.? Or just personal preference? (This question is for everyone still using the legacy materials, feel free to comment here if you read this.)

// Peter Horvath
// C4DtoA developer
Message 3 of 3
diego6S3FN
in reply to: diego6S3FN

What happens is that I am with a work that has hurry and I don't know how I changed the preferences to Node materials and suddenly I have seen myself working with both systems in the same project.

So far it has only bothered me that it occupies more monitor space vertically and if you reduce the size you can no longer read the names of the nodes. but apart from that for now I like the ease with which the nodes are connected, I guess it will be a matter of getting used to it.

I will write here if I miss any function of the legacy.

Thanks for the tip

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report