Community
Arnold for Cinema 4D Forum
Rendering with Arnold in CINEMA 4D using the C4DtoA plug-in.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Material Previews for Node Materials not working...

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ulrichGTAV3
196 Views, 4 Replies

Custom Material Previews for Node Materials not working...

Hey, some time ago I created some custom Material Preview Scenes based on the standard "Arnold Sphere.c4d" file. Had to update them a couple of Arnold versions ago, but overall they worked fine and helped me to distinguish all my fabric, leather, metal and rubber materials at one glance. 

Now I switched to node materials and now my custom material previews are not working anymore. I can still use all the different previews that come with arnold, but my "cloth", "candle", "gem" etc are defaulting back to a sphere.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1seVNnWnr8VBqo_yajfrCR23NuCnb_272&authuser=ulrich%40minzgruen.de&us...

Is there anything I could do to make them work for node based arnold materials? Maybe even batch apply them to multiple materials at once?

Thank you very much!!

U

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
peter_horvath
in reply to: ulrichGTAV3

Node Materials do not support custom preview scenes natively, I expect this to be implemented by Maxon at some point. The ones shipped with the plugin are currently hard-coded. You can set the default scene in the Arnold Preferences, but that will change it for all materials.

// Peter Horvath
// C4DtoA developer
Message 3 of 5
ulrichGTAV3

Thanks for the info... Unfortunate, but I will be able to live with it 😉

Message 4 of 5
ulrichGTAV3

If I'm not mistaken, you added more material preview models. Very awesome!!

Message 5 of 5
peter_horvath

@ulrichGTAV3 wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, you added more material preview models. Very awesome!!

Yes, the preview scenes were updated in C4DtoA 4.2.2. Added a new cloth and volume preview.

// Peter Horvath
// C4DtoA developer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums