Community
Arnold for Cinema 4D Forum
Rendering with Arnold in CINEMA 4D using the C4DtoA plug-in.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CINEMA 4D ,Adjusting the transmission attribute c4d using the new node material will be suspended

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
RaynerR
230 Views, 5 Replies

CINEMA 4D ,Adjusting the transmission attribute c4d using the new node material will be suspended

version:CINEMA 4D 2024.02  Arnold version:4.6.6

The attribute of adjusting transmission in the new node material will hang randomly and can only end cinema 4d

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
peter_horvath
in reply to: RaynerR

I can't reproduce the hang. Are you on Windows or Mac? GPU or CPU render (if you're on Windows)? How difficult is it to reproduce it, does it hang randomly? Can you reproduce it in a basic scene as well, or does it happen in only a specific scene with a specific material? Is it specific to Cinema 4D 2024, have you tried/can you try it in Cinema 4D 2023 maybe?

// Peter Horvath
// C4DtoA developer
Message 3 of 6
RaynerR

Thank you. I am using the Win system and GPU rendering. I believe it may be due to my hardware issue, as this issue has also occurred in the 2023 and S26 versions. It is not difficult to reproduce on my computer,

1. Create a new project

2. Create an Arnold standard material

3. Choose glass material

4. Adjust transmission attributes (color, depth, and other attributes)

5. c4d stop

I want to know what hardware issue this situation is related to, and my friends around me do not have this situation

Message 4 of 6
RaynerR
in reply to: peter_horvath

I updated the windows11 system, but I still don't know why Arnold's new node material caused CINEMA 4D to hang. The situation is still the same now. This is an actual demonstration:

Message 5 of 6
peter_horvath

Interesting, not sure what could cause this on your machine. I'm not able to reproduce it on mine.

Do you have any bugreport files of the hang in the c:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\MAXON\Maxon Cinema 4D 2024_XXXXXXXX\_bugreports folder? You can check the proper folder name at the bottom of the Preferences window. If so, please send me all files from that folder.

// Peter Horvath
// C4DtoA developer
Message 6 of 6
RaynerR
in reply to: peter_horvath

Thank you. This is the bug report file

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report