Community
Arnold for Cinema 4D Forum
Rendering with Arnold in CINEMA 4D using the C4DtoA plug-in.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you tell me, why this is not rendering in 6K? (It does in 1920x1920px)

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
ulrichGTAV3
201 Views, 2 Replies

Can you tell me, why this is not rendering in 6K? (It does in 1920x1920px)

Hey all,

I have a bottle with transparent "liquid" in it and some condensation drops on it. It renders fine in 1920 (GPU about 18 min) and I already rendered a version in 6144x6144px (GPU about 2hrs). But now I had to change the condensation (fewer drops, slightly changed bump map). And now it pretends to render (same in "render to PV" and render queue). But I left it run for about 10hrs already. Then I canceled the render (cancelling crashes C4D every time, btw).

This is my rig:

Screenshot_20230615083622.png

And here's the file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dIkLPo9UP3B9snDclxUL1QanzTDpb-As/view?usp=sharing

(Just changed the 4k label texture with a 4k UV-grid texture, because of client).

Thank you for any hint!

Uli

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jankarl.exe
in reply to: ulrichGTAV3

Is it necessary to render in 6K? You could just upscale it using some AI tools. It's probably because you don't have enough VRAM.

Message 3 of 3
ulrichGTAV3
in reply to: ulrichGTAV3

Thanks fot the reply! Actually 6K is the bare minimum, because it will be a 2m display tray. In the meantime I actually managed to render it. I reduced some of the texture files and purged memory and such things. So you're probably right about VRAM. 

If that did not work I was thinking about rendering tiles using the cameras "film magnify" and "film offset". But I am happy it worked out this way...

Thx again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums