Community
Arnold for Cinema 4D Forum
Rendering with Arnold in CINEMA 4D using the C4DtoA plug-in.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C4DtoA 4.2 transparent issue (maybe)

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
seijeto
197 Views, 4 Replies

C4DtoA 4.2 transparent issue (maybe)

Hello,

I have create an example project file to show you the problem.

I create a cube and made it transparent and also i have create a red ball, when i moving the ball

behind that transparent cube isnt responding normal, can you take a look please;

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
peter_horvath
in reply to: seijeto

Can you explain a bit more what "isn't responding normal" means? Maybe show an image of the current and expected result. You can play with the specular IOR, which affects refraction. Also note, that single and double sided shapes behave differently (Arnold Tag > Double Sided).

// Peter Horvath
// C4DtoA developer
Message 3 of 5
seijeto
in reply to: peter_horvath

could you play with IOR, because i was try that and it doesnt react normal behind the cube (have you look my project file and video right?)

this is normal to happen? https://www.screencast.com/t/VEdMOplL1mM 

To simplify the case how i can have a moving ball behind of 50% trasparent cube?

Message 4 of 5
peter_horvath

The IOR defines the angle of refraction as the ray enters and exits the cube, and looks correct. 1 means no refraction and the rays go straight through the object.

What you might looking for is actually the Opacity flag under the Geometry group, if you just want to make the object invisible to the camera.

// Peter Horvath
// C4DtoA developer
Message 5 of 5
seijeto

It seems Opacity make the job, but i need the object seems like glass not like thin cube, maybe its settings problem and not arnold problem right?

Thank you very much for your time!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report