Community
Arnold for Cinema 4D Forum
Rendering with Arnold in CINEMA 4D using the C4DtoA plug-in.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arnold Textures with Alpha Limits

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mphillips0007
190 Views, 1 Reply

Arnold Textures with Alpha Limits

Not sure what I am doing wrong.  I am working on a project which includes a mother board.  I have made labels for all the circuits in photoshop and save them with alpha.  I need approximately 20 labels. I set the texture to - flat projection - disable Tile and Seamless - scale the texture accordingly and under Alpha stacking I chose Mode - Shader - Shader image(image) and select Use alpha channel.  This works great until I have about 9 textures then when I add new materials it will make other materials disappear.  I am assuming it reads the textures Left - Right.  Is this the wrong workflow for adding labels to objects or is there a limit on number of textures per object?

Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 3.32.17 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-05-06 at 3.32.31 PM.png

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Stacking uses a layer shader under the hood, which supports 8 inputs, so indeed, currently it's limited to 8 materials.

You can instead setup your layers inside your material and chain multiple layer shaders to handle more inputs, something like this:

peter_horvath_0-1652082544748.png

// Peter Horvath
// C4DtoA developer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report