Community
Arnold for Cinema 4D Forum
Rendering with Arnold in CINEMA 4D using the C4DtoA plug-in.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arnold like Vray Proxy workflow

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
summerson1990
270 Views, 1 Reply

Arnold like Vray Proxy workflow

Does Arnold render has something similar to Vray Proxy meshes/scenes workflow? Or maybe C4d itself has something like this? I'd like to prepare for rendering some model and then import it as a reference to my other c4d projects and if I'll make some changes to the referenced model (including changing its materials) I'll automatically get the updated results in the project where it has been imported when hit render button. Vray has a feature I need and it's called Vray Proxy Scene so I'd like to know if I can get something the same with Arnold or C4d itself. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Look at the Operators workflow explained in this tutorial: https://help.autodesk.com/view/ARNOL/ENU/?guid=arnold_for_cinema_4d_ci_Operator_Tutorials_ci_Procedu...

You can export your model to a USD/Alembic/ASS file, which can be loaded via the Arnold Procedural node in the scene. Then you can assign operators (e.g. set_parameter) to do render-time modifications on the content of the procedural, like overriding the shader of certain shapes, etc.

// Peter Horvath
// C4DtoA developer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums