Community
Arnold for Cinema 4D Forum
Rendering with Arnold in CINEMA 4D using the C4DtoA plug-in.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arnold in Team render downloads ghost assets

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
leandro.cattani
140 Views, 6 Replies

Arnold in Team render downloads ghost assets

Hello!

I release that, in team render, Arnold downloads the assets then continues downloading something continuosly... and the machine doesn't render.... It happens in the two render clients. Arnold v.4.3.0 but it happens also in the previous releases.

Screen Shot 2022-08-04 at 14.19.30.pngScreen Shot 2022-08-04 at 14.20.44.png 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Which Cinema 4D version is this? Is it S26.107? Both the server and clients are on Mac, right? Does it happen in other scenes as well, like in a simple scene with just a few textures?

// Peter Horvath
// C4DtoA developer
Message 3 of 7

The release is 26.107, the pictures shows the two clients I have, I using a M1 Macbook pro as server. I can't identify a pattern. something happens with a few textures, and also with a more complex project.

Thank you in advance.

Message 4 of 7

Thanks for the info, I'll try to reproduce it and get back to you (probably next week).

// Peter Horvath
// C4DtoA developer
Message 5 of 7

Thank you! Have a nice weekend!

Message 6 of 7

I was not able to reproduce the issue so far.

Couple of things to check:

• Team Render settings in the preferences (e.g. on demand asset loading, etc.).
  • Does it happen in scenes not using Arnold (e.g. add the same assets to Bitmap shaders and try to render via the Standard renderer)?
  • Are there any other heavy assets in the scene, e.g. procedurals, etc.?
  • Asserts are downloaded to the local repository folder (see Preferences > Team Render > Local Repository Folder). You can check the content of this folder on the client while keep getting the 'Downloading Assets' messages. Maybe you can figure out which asset is missing, or if the download is really in progress.

Also, did you say running 26.107 on an M1 Macbook? Arnold can not run in S26 on M1 atm, since it does not support Rosetta mode.

// Peter Horvath
// C4DtoA developer
Message 7 of 7

Is on a M1 Mac but is the the release is R25.117. 

I'll run some tests to see if only with Arnold.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report