Community
Arnold for Cinema 4D Forum
Rendering with Arnold in CINEMA 4D using the C4DtoA plug-in.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACES and the Texture Manager : [AiMakeTx] concurrent jobs with different configs or rendering color spaces are not supported

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
daniel2SH2D
523 Views, 12 Replies

ACES and the Texture Manager : [AiMakeTx] concurrent jobs with different configs or rendering color spaces are not supported

Hi

I have a finished scene that I have saved from C4D "With all assets", and wish to regenerate all the .tx files using the texture Manager. Files are a blend of PBR Jpegs, PNG, a few TGA and some EXR files.

I am getting multiple errors in the log saying:~
"[AiMakeTx] concurrent jobs with different configs or rendering color spaces are not supported"

and it fails to convert a fair few files, and leaves many either just yellow or yellow with [!tx] labels suggesting the need to update (but I just created?!).

All my files are correctly assigned to the ACES conversion profile in the node network.

Why am I getting this error?

Tags (3)
Labels (3)
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
daniel2SH2D
in reply to: daniel2SH2D

In the end Arnold reports:

"[c4dtoa] ERROR | Failed to generate 39 Tx files:"

And lists them - a random assortment from the tex folder.

What do?

Message 3 of 13
daniel2SH2D

UPDATE:

If I select each of the missing textures *individually* and create them one at a time, these update successfully and the .tx file is created. For some reason they fail if I select more than one at a time and try to batch.

How do I update the [!tx] files? They don't change if I 'create'.

Message 4 of 13
Stephen.Blair

My guess is that there are multiple image nodes loading the same texture, and those image nodes have different color space settings.

// Stephen Blair
// Arnold Renderer Support
Message 5 of 13
daniel2SH2D
in reply to: Stephen.Blair

Thanks Stephen.

I deleted all tx files and went meticulously through a fairly hefty set of node graphs to make sure there were no conflicts, every image node sharing a file was set to the same color space etc.

When I ran 'Create tx files' I got 4 times as many failures as before! 😄

I'm really trying to get my head around this, so thanks for your time:

Can you help me understand why when I select two jpeg image files like this and hit 'Create tx files' I get the following:

with this in the console:

but then if I select either one individually and do the same it just works:

??

Message 6 of 13
daniel2SH2D

Sorry, here's that lats screenshot:

tx-3.png

Message 7 of 13
daniel2SH2D

It appears that if I select missing tx files of the same *colorspace*, they can batch in bulk, but different colorspcaes refuse to batch process
Message 8 of 13

I can reproduce it when using a custom OCIO config and one of the textures has 'raw' color space. Using the default (ACES) color manager (since C4DtoA 4.0) is working fine. This is definitely a bug, which needs to be fixed.

As a workaround you can switch to the default ACES color manager if that's possible. Otherwise you can convert the textures in two steps:

• First all 'raw' textures:
    • Right click on 'raw' in the table and select 'Select Textures With Same Color Space'
    • Click Create
  • Then all other textures:
    • Click on Select Untiled
    • Click Create
Message 9 of 13

How do I update the [!tx] files? They don't change if I 'create'.

I believe you are using an older version of the plugin, there was a bug where the status of the images did not update after converting them to tx. Are they displayed ok if you close and open the Tx Manager?

Message 10 of 13

Thanks Peter. Yes, it seems to batch fine if RAW is not mixed with other Colorspaces in the batch.

Going forward, I think I will stick with the native ACES!
G

Message 11 of 13

In case you haven't switched to the default OCIO config, this is now fixed in C4DtoA 4.0.3.2.

Message 12 of 13

Thanks Peter.

Out of interest, when compositing, is it 'correct' to simply use OCIO 1.2 as the output transform in, say, AE, or is there a specific 'Arnold ACES' config file somewhere for feeding into the OCIO plugin?

Message 13 of 13

The config shipped with Arnold is located in the ocio folder:

• win: c:\Program Files\Maxon Cinema 4D R25\plugins\C4DtoA\arnold\ocio\configs\arnold\config.ocio
  • mac: /Applications/Maxon Cinema 4D R25/arnold/ocio/configs/arnold/config.ocio

You can use the OCIO 1.2 config as well, just keep in mind, that the color space names are different (e.g. 'Output - sRGB' = 'ACES 1.0 SDR-video (sRGB)').

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators