AREA Website Support Forum
This section is for questions on the use of the AREA website or reporting website issues. This area is not for Autodesk software support issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Keep me logged IN" doesn't work anymore

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
PROH
4754 Views, 15 Replies

"Keep me logged IN" doesn't work anymore

Hi. After the recent maintenance/"rework" of the Area, it's not possible to stay logged in. After a (short) while you're automatically logged out, with a message saying "your session expired". This means that I have to log on 15 -20 times a day, if I want to use the Area like Ive done for years.

Is this a "bug" or is it intended behavior?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
3dsMax 4.2 to 2018
AutoCAD 2000 to 2018
Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2012 to 2018

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
Discussion_Admin
in reply to: PROH

We have always had a 30 min inactivity time out is this what you are takling about?

As for keep me signed in it is acting a little diffrently than before I'll get someone to lookinto it

Mark

Message 3 of 16
PROH
in reply to: Discussion_Admin

Hi. Just to clearify. Until recent maintenance I have always had both my PC and my iPad logged in on the Area, via the "Keep me signed in" checkbox. Only on rare occasions I had to log in again. But now I have to constantly sign in. I don't know how your 30 inactivity time out works, but it seems like the limit is 30 sec?

Another thing: If I log in on the Areas front side, I'm automatically logged out when I go the Forum. Is this intended?

If you want to avoid people from helping each other during working hour, then you're certainly on the right path, but otherwise this needs to be changed.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
3dsMax 4.2 to 2018
AutoCAD 2000 to 2018

Message 4 of 16
Discussion_Admin

no sso should keep you logged on in my mind can you post a screencast for me?

By the way it's a 30 min inactivity log off in the Lithium boards i corrected my earlier post.

Also please note it will most likely be tomorrow untill i can get it look at no one working but me Smiley Happy

Mark

Message 5 of 16
PROH

Hi. Not sure exactly what you wanted me to post, but I've attached 2 screendumps:

1) After I logged IN at Areas front side 10:48

2) After going to the forum, where I'm automatically logged OUT 10:49

As you can see everything is happening in the same minute, so it got nothing to do with the 30 min limit.

Hope it helps

3dsMax 4.2 to 2018
AutoCAD 2000 to 2018

Message 6 of 16
Discussion_Admin

please recheck the keep me signed in and inform me of any issues you are still seeing

Also if you are still having issues try deleting you cookies.

Thanks

Mark

Message 7 of 16
PROH

Hi. Well tried your suggestions (incl. deleting all cookies) without any changes. In fact I had to sign in 2 times within the same minute to poste this.

Now I need to "rebuild" my settings and sign in again to other forums as a result of deleting all 😞

Hope you'll sort this out soon - otherwise it'll be "Goodbye Area" for me.

3dsMax 4.2 to 2018
AutoCAD 2000 to 2018

Message 8 of 16
Discussion_Admin

What browser are you using? so I can try and duplicate.

Thanks
Discussion_Admin

Message 9 of 16
PROH

I'm using Safari (iPad) and Chrome (PC). None of them works as before your "rework" - even after following your advise. Also, in both of them a "log in" on the Areas front-page will automatically be dismissed when entering the Forums.

3dsMax 4.2 to 2018
AutoCAD 2000 to 2018

Message 10 of 16
Discussion_Admin

@PROH wrote:

I'm using Safari (iPad) and Chrome (PC). None of them works as before your "rework" - even after following your advise. Also, in both of them a "log in" on the Areas front-page will automatically be dismissed when entering the Forums.

Sorry you are still having issues.

a couple of points of interest most browsers do allow for individual cookie deletions Autodesk and Lithium cookies would have work sorry for the miss communication. Second we did no work on the keep me signed in nothing was changed.

A couple of things were inadvertently turned off when the community came back up but they have since been turned back on so in theory a cookie reset should have fixed the issue

Please check the following setting in Google Chrome, Settings > Content Settings > Cookies > Make sure it is set to allow local data to be set

Also do you have issues with keep me signed in when you go straight to the community links and skip the AREA log on?

A screencast of what you are seeing would really help out and its free to download and use

Mark

Message 11 of 16
PROH

Hi. Checked my browser settings, and they are all as they should be. Also tried to clean up a bit in my account settings, to see if that helped, but no changes. I did find one more odd thing however:

If I go to the Area site, and press "Log In" (top right, front page), then I'm automatically recognized and logged on, but as allready mentioned I'm being locked out as soon as I go to the forum. The new thing I discovered is, that if I go to my account page ("About PROH", then I'm automtically logged on, and I choose one of my "recent" links I'll stay locked on when entering the forum. This is happening on both iPad and PC.

As for now I'm using this workaround whenever I'm locked out (session expired), but I find it very odd that you claimes that nothing has changed - despite the fact that other users than me also find the whole Area page wacky and unstable.

I really hope you find a solution soon.

BTW - I can't see what a screen-cast would tell you that I didn't already show in the attached pictures or tell you in my description. Besides that, I don't think a screencast of me loggin on is in anyway a good (nor healthy) idea.

3dsMax 4.2 to 2018
AutoCAD 2000 to 2018

Message 12 of 16
Discussion_Admin

I have a theory based on your last post and we really did not change anything.

Can you add the URLs to the other posts in area that have users complaints of this type or just use the RIC button with keep me login as a note

Thanks
Discussion_Admin

PS. I was looking for work flow information with the screencast request( they can be made private url viewing only for security) but it is not needed now

Message 13 of 16
PROH

Here's one: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/3ds-max-3ds-max-design-general/what-happened-to-the-quot-area-quot/td-...

3dsMax 4.2 to 2018
AutoCAD 2000 to 2018

Message 14 of 16
Discussion_Admin

@PROH

We are supposed to have fix in place now can you please check your normal work flow to confirm?

Thanks
Discussion_Admin

Message 15 of 16
PROH

Hi. That sounds great. I'll test it ASAP (probably not before Tuesday), but I have already noticed a change (for the better) on my iPad.

I'll report back.

Thanks

3dsMax 4.2 to 2018
AutoCAD 2000 to 2018

Message 16 of 16
PROH

Hi. I wrote Tuesday but meant Thursday.... Anyway, it seems like the fix solved the problem - both on iPad and PC 🙂

Thank you.

3dsMax 4.2 to 2018
AutoCAD 2000 to 2018

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report