AREA Website Support Forum
This section is for questions on the use of the AREA website or reporting website issues. This area is not for Autodesk software support issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't link or create a AREA account

18 REPLIES 18
Message 1 of 19
Gnarg
2458 Views, 18 Replies

I can't link or create a AREA account

Hello, 

I cannot create or link an area account to my Autodesk ID. When I click login, I get the pop up to link or create a new account.

Regardless of whether I click link existing account or create new account, the page just reloads. I have treid different computers, different browsers, and I have cleared cookies and cache. 

I want to download some of the tutorial assets but cannot do that without a login. 

I am at a loss as to what I should try next. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
gui_311
in reply to: Gnarg

I'm having the same problem. Can someone fix this? Or at least having response from the staff regarding of troubles on their servers?

Message 3 of 19
thesnostorm

Same problem here

Message 4 of 19
cwthomasart
in reply to: thesnostorm

Same exact problem.

Message 5 of 19
matthew.d
in reply to: cwthomasart

Hi @cwthomasart@Gnarg@thesnostorm, and @gui_311,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear about the issue. Could any of you provide links to where you are trying to link your account from and screenshots? All of you posting in this forum symbolize that you have and area account, which is created by default when you purchase a subscription or create an Autodesk Account.

Matt DiMichele
Autodesk Product Blogs | @ADSKCommunity Twitter

Likes are greatly appreciated. Everyone enjoys a thumbs up!

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.
Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: matthew.d

Hi, same problem here When I click on "Link existing AREA account to Autodesk account" the popup disappeared and nothing happened, the login button still there and I can't download the plugin
Message 7 of 19
camilo.lemos
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

I'm working with the Area team to have your accounts linked. I'll let you know as soon as I have more information to share.

Thank you for your patience while we work on this.

Camilo Lemos

Message 8 of 19
cwthomasart
in reply to: matthew.d

Every time I try to download a plugin I get a prompt saying I need to login before I can download, but I'm already logged in. I thought it was an issue of needing an Autodesk AND Area account, so whenever I would try to create an Area account after I logged in, the page would just refresh and nothing would happen.

Message 9 of 19
cwthomasart
in reply to: cwthomasart

Bump.

Message 10 of 19
robert.jones1

Hi all,

Same. I've been pulling out my hair this morning trying to get access to AREA and seem to be stuck in an infinity loop.

Tried different browsers even setting up a new account.....no joy.

Just wanted to access Area to download a Maya shader.

Regards

Rob

Message 11 of 19

Hi @robert.jones1 and @cwthomasart

I've sent a request to the Area team to have your accounts normalized.

I'll get back to you as soon as I have more info.

Thank you for your patience while we work on this.

Camilo Lemos

Message 12 of 19
cwthomasart
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Thank you. Is there any way you could e-mail me the Maya Bonus Tools 2011 [Win64] Plug-In? That's the main thing I was trying to download but couldn't and I really need it.

Message 13 of 19
nicolasleduc

Hi @robert.jones1@Gnarg@cwthomasart@thesnostorm@gui_311  and @Anonymous

We have fixed the login issues on AREA. Let us know if this is not fixed for you. sorry about the inconvenience

Message 14 of 19
kyleb2112
in reply to: nicolasleduc

It's not fixed for me. It won't "link" my Autodesk account, and won't let me create an AREA account, on any browser.
All I wanted was bonus tools for Maya, which USED to be easy to get.
Message 15 of 19
nicolasleduc
in reply to: kyleb2112

I just sent you a private message to better understand where you get stuck

Message 16 of 19
Andr3wJ

Hello! I have a little problem, see picture. If i click "lost password" link nothing happen after add email and new password. Thanks for helping me!
Message 17 of 19
nicolasleduc
in reply to: Andr3wJ

Hello 

Will send you a private message about this issue
Message 18 of 19
megalathe

I am having the same problem.  This looks really bad for a tech company. I am too frustrated to continue.  Best of luck.

Message 19 of 19
Andr3wJ
in reply to: nicolasleduc

Thank you!!! Now i can login !

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report