AREA Website Support Forum
This section is for questions on the use of the AREA website or reporting website issues. This area is not for Autodesk software support issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't link Autodesk with Area account!?

35 REPLIES 35
SOLVED
Message 1 of 36
Anonymous
6033 Views, 35 Replies

Can't link Autodesk with Area account!?

Hello,

I'm having trouble to log in to Autodesk Area. It tells me to link my Autodesk account with my Area account. But when I click on "Link existing AREA Account to Autodesk Account" and enter my Username and Password on the next page, it tells me "Sorry, that username/password combo didn't work" (although I'm pretty sure it is correct). If I click then on "Lost password or login for AREA account?" and enter my email adress (yahoo) and a new password - well, I never receive any mail (I also looked in Spam. Nothing). I can't even create a new Area account, because the system keeps telling me, that there is already an account with my email adress (which is correct, its the same email, but I cant login, link or reset it) Smiley Frustrated 

I don't know what to do. Perhaps, someone has an idea what I'm doing wrong? I also don't understand why even the "area password reset mail" doesn"t come through.

My Autodesk Account and Forum Account work perfectly well. It's just the AREA site which doesn't work. Smiley Sad

35 REPLIES 35
Message 21 of 36
sk-tek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi I'm having the same problem, please provide reset password.

Message 22 of 36
Maryam12
in reply to: sk-tek

Hello,

Were you able to reset your password with the info provided by email.

Thanks,

Maryam

Message 23 of 36
sk-tek
in reply to: Maryam12

Hi Maryam,

I just tried the reset password you sent on Tuesday. Still can't login.

Regards,

Scott Karpyshyn, CET

Mechanical Designer

SK-TEK Mechanical Design & Drafting Inc.

(780) 973-6506
Message 24 of 36
Maryam12
in reply to: sk-tek

Hi Scott,

Since we were able to resolve the issue I will close this.

Thanks,

Maryam

Message 25 of 36
steveZUCMB

Surprise, surprise...I have the same problem.

If I try to create a new account it asks if I'm human but doesn't show a ReCaptcha - then tells me I didn't get the ReCaptcha correct.

Can you please do something to let me access the AREA section, I only want to post a job and I've been going in circles for 15 minutes!

Message 26 of 36
nicolasleduc
in reply to: steveZUCMB

Hello, I just sent you a private message so we can resolve this. 

Message 27 of 36
steveZUCMB
in reply to: nicolasleduc

You still haven't read the response I sent 5 days ago with screenshots of the login problems. I'd really like to get this resolved ASAP.

As a recap - I'd like to post a job on the job boards. I'm logged in to the AREA part but I'm requested to link my accounts or create a new one when trying to post a job.

If I try to link accounts I get an error that my details aren't recognised (in yellow text on white, nice touch!)

If I try to create a new account the captcha is missing and I get an error that I haven't filled it in.

See the attached screenshots.

Message 28 of 36
nicolasleduc
in reply to: steveZUCMB

Sorry I did not see the notification that you replied. We're looking into the issue, but as a workaround, can you try to create your account from the AREA home page (http://area.autodesk.com) rather than directly from the jobs page. 

Message 29 of 36
justinwwk

Hi i have the same problem too....

Message 30 of 36
nicolasleduc
in reply to: justinwwk

@justinwwk can you give me more details about the issue you are having. Thanks. 

Message 31 of 36
justinwwk

When I try to access download section and try to download some scripts for Motion Builder, I am required to log in.

I am able to login, but it says they found my AREA account and require me to put in my AREA password to link the account together but it keep saying the password is wrong.

When I went to the AREA website, there is no problem logging in.

I tried the reset password button to no avail. It did sent me an email with temporary password but it didn't work.
Message 32 of 36
nicolasleduc
in reply to: justinwwk

I just sent you a private message to resolve this issue. 

Message 33 of 36
nikola203

Hello,

I have the same problem with linking accounts. Can you help me?

Thanks!

Message 34 of 36
nikola203

Hello,

I have the same problem with linking accounts. Can you help me?

Thanks!

Message 35 of 36

I'm having the exact same issue as everyone else has had for the past 2.5 years. I can't log into Autodesk Area. It says I need to link an account, and it won't recognize my password. Very frustrating that this is still an issue for so many people after all this time.

Message 36 of 36
JB_01

This looks like its a few years old, but there is a conflict with my two accounts as well.  Clicking to the “How to resolve this” link doesn’t say how. It’s just a reply to this thread.  

Can someone help me pleases?  

And btw—does anyone else find the entire Autodesk/area, etc. website incredibly confusing and frustrating or is this just me??

Thanks!

Justin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report