AREA Website Support Forum
This section is for questions on the use of the AREA website or reporting website issues. This area is not for Autodesk software support issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't browse forums.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
ramissin
1000 Views, 6 Replies

Can't browse forums.

When clicking on a forum link all I see is a blank page, nothing seems to work correctly for me, is there anything I need to have installed ? I have Flash and Java but they don't seem to make a difference. tia
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
nicolasleduc
in reply to: ramissin

Are using using an ad or script blocker? That would be the issue. 

You may be using an add on script blocker such as the NoScript add in.  You should turn it off for the forums.

If you are using Firefox you should uncheck Request that sites not track you under FF options\privacy\tracking\uncheck first box.
Message 3 of 7
ramissin
in reply to: nicolasleduc

Nope, first thing I tried was using both chrome and FF in safe mode with all addons disabled, same thing. When I make a post all my formatting is lost, when I click the 'Options' menu it just jumps to the top of the screen, it has me completely stumped, obviously it's something on my side, I just can't seem to track it down.
Message 4 of 7
Discussion_Admin

Can you post some screen shots for us to maybe help trouble shoot? Are you attempting to post form home or  work?

some of the normal requirements this is generic ,If using IE please make sure you are not in "compatibility" mode as it is not supported.

Also make sure you are not blocking scripts from Lithium.com, Autodesk.com or Addthis.com ( s7.addthis.com) they are need for all features to work.

also please make sure you are using the latest releases of the supported browsers below (with JavaScript enabled😞

Chrome
Firefox
Internet Explorer 8*, 9, 10 or 11
Safari
Microsoft Edge

For a consistent and reliable mobile device browsing experience, we recommend using one of the latest popular mobile operating systems and devices with their default browsers (with JavaScript enabled):

iOS with Safari
Android with Android browser
Opera Mini
Blackberry Browser

*Note: Internet Explorer 8 is no longer supported on the Community after 7/23/2015, IE 8 users may have a degraded experience. Users with IE 8 on Windows XP may not be able to connect at all to the community

Thanks
Discussion_Admin

Message 5 of 7
ramissin
in reply to: Discussion_Admin

Sure, when viewing the root of the forum, all I see is this: http://i.imgur.com/VtNtdf3.png clicking buttons and options has no effect, when posting I loose all formatting, Adblock is disabled, Java is enabled, nothing is blocked.
Message 6 of 7
Discussion_Admin

Thia is the view you get when Lithium.com and addthis.com are blocked from scripts. Try taking you browser out of private view mode .

Thanks
Discussion_Admin

Message 7 of 7
ramissin
in reply to: Discussion_Admin

Nothing is blocked, and I'm not using private browsing. I give up, no problem with any other forum just this one...who knows 😕

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report