Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the steps to download a script?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
tjscharp
501 Views, 1 Reply

What are the steps to download a script?

I was attempting to add a script which enabled the user to create a helix, and I did not understand what steps I needed to take to do so.

Yes, I am new at this, and yes if I can't figure out how to save the file, then I may not understand ho to use the app either, but please humor me just the same. Thank you in adavnce!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
marshaltu
in reply to: tjscharp

Hello,

Welcome to API board. Please take a look at the thread http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/preview-api-and-scripts/welcome-to-the-fusion-360-api-preview/td-p/526... how to get API help.

I would like to give a detailed steps how to create a script and share to other users.

1. New a script in Script Manager.

Please left-mouse-button hit "+" beside "My Scripts" to create a new script. You can hit 'Edit" button to add codes to the scripts. In the "Details" page, you can find the full path of the scripts.

Screen Shot 2014-12-08 at 5.52.18 PM.png

2. Share your script to other users.

Please go to the folder which your script is located at and send a copy of your script to other users. We recommend that they place the copy of the script to the folder "Scripts" in their machine.

For Windows: C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Autodesk Fusion 360\API\Scripts

For MAC: /Users/<User>/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/Autodesk Fusion 360/API/Scripts/

For MAC app store: /Users/<User>/Library/Containers/com.autodesk.mas.fusion360/Data/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/Autodesk Fusion 360/API/Scripts

3. For other users, they can add existing scripts to their Script Manager.

Please right-mouse-button hit on "My Scripts" and "Add..." button would pop up. Please hit "Add.." to add the existing scripts to your script manager.

Screen Shot 2014-12-08 at 5.52.56 PM.png

Please let me know if you have any questions or issues.

Marshal Tu
Fusion 360 Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report