Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User defined scripts disappear from scripts dialog after latest update

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
tarjeik
463 Views, 2 Replies

User defined scripts disappear from scripts dialog after latest update

[Reposting here on recommnedation from Marshal Tu]

After installing the latest update yesterday, my user defined scripts disappeared from the scripts browser (they are still present on disk).

Workaround:
1. Move all my scripts' .js and .html files to a backup folder
2. Create new scripts with the same name as the originals
3. Close F360 and replace the template scripts with my bakcups.

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
marshaltu
in reply to: tarjeik

Hello,

Could you please tell me which OS you saw the issue? MAC or Windows? I will try to reproduce the issue. There was a file "C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Autodesk Fusion 360\JSLoadedScriptsinfo" to record the last status of Script manager. Those user-defined scripts in that file should be loaded in Script manager. Maybe something was wrong in that file when you upgrade Fusion.

I would like to suggest a solution for you. You can add those scripts by "Add" botton if you find they disappear from Script manager. The botton would be shown when you RMB "My Script".

Add Scripts.png

Marshal Tu
Fusion 360 Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3
tarjeik
in reply to: marshaltu

Marshal,

This was on my Windows 7 64bit laptop. This may have been a real corner case when I start thinking about it. Here's the exact steps:

1. Start F360 -> upgrade is found and download/upgrade started

2. I start a new script while waiting for the upgrade (I had no previous user scripts on my laptop)

3. After the upgrade is complete I restart F360 and the new script is not listed any longer.

So it's possible that only the script I created _during_ the upgrade was affected, hard to say as I didn't have any.previous ones on this machine.

Thanks for the tip on RMB->Add.. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report