Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Since latest update, built in python editor no longer launches

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
paulallan.osborne
202 Views, 2 Replies

Since latest update, built in python editor no longer launches

Tried editing one of my addins in python, worked fine prior to the update this week and now I click edit, and nothing happens. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ekinsb
in reply to: paulallan.osborne

I'm not seeing that problem and no one else has reported it.  However I have seen it once in the past on my machine and heard about a month or so ago from someone else.  In both cases, uninstalling and reinstalling Fusion fixed it. We would like to fix it but it seems to be a very rare occurrence so without being able to reproduce the problem it's difficult to diagnose and fix.

Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Mod the Machine blog
Message 3 of 3

Hello,

It would be great if you can provide some more information to help us diagnose the issue.

1. Please go to the folder "C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Autodesk Fusion 360\" and rename the file "delayedAppInfo" into something else(e.g. delayedAppInfo_old).

2. Launch Fusion 360 and edit any Python script and see if Python IDE can be launched or not?

3. If not, please go to the folder "C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Local\Autodesk\" and send me(marshal dot tu at autodesk dot com) the installation log "autodesk.webdeploy.streamer.log".

4. If yes, please send me the old "delayedAppInfo_old" file.

I am assuming you work on Windows machine. If not, I will send instructions to collect information for MAC. 

Thanks,

Marshal

Marshal Tu
Fusion 360 Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report