Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selecting Elements of the timeline

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
nnamfoh
410 Views, 1 Reply

Selecting Elements of the timeline

Is there someway for users to select nodes in the timeline, or a group of nodes?

I'm trying to make a python script where users would select elements in the timeline and the actions they took could to create that timeline element could be coppied and written into a macro of sorts that the user could do over and overagain to more elements.

For example, a user could select a timeline element that is associated with a combine feature, that combine feature, then select another that is a cut feature. Now the user can repeat combine then cut on other objects with less clicks.

The only thing I can think of now is to ask the user to provide indexs for the timeline elements because there is no selection filter for timeline elments. Is there a more user friendly way of doing this?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
marshaltu
in reply to: nnamfoh

Hello,

There is existing API "TimelineGroup.add(startIndex, endIndex)" to help group elements in Timeline. I am not sure if it can meet your requirement. Please find more information from our learning page as below:

http://fusion360.autodesk.com/learning/learning.html?guid=GUID-36B1FFB5-5291-4532-8F11-90E912769B34

Thanks,

Marshal

Marshal Tu
Fusion 360 Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report