Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running Scripts

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Ronald4418
2005 Views, 10 Replies

Running Scripts

No matter what I try. Every time I attempt to use the Image2Surface Script it refuses to work. After opening a new instance of Fusion 360 I create a Base Form and after I attempt to use the script, nothing happens. There is no popup window or anything else occurring.

What am I doing wrong?

PS: It worked fine 2 weeks ago with no problems, but now nothing.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
marshaltu
in reply to: Ronald4418

Hello,

Where did you get the script "Image2Surface"? I would help figure out if I can get a copy of the script somewhere or you send a copy to me(marshal dot tu at autodesk dot com).

Thanks,

Marshal

Marshal Tu
Fusion 360 Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 11
Ronald4418
in reply to: marshaltu

I downloaded it from GitHub at hanskellner/Fusion360Image2Surface

|
|
|
| | |

|

|
|
| |
hanskellner/Fusion360Image2Surface
Fusion360Image2Surface - Image2Surface Script for Autodesk Fusion 360 | |

|

|
Message 4 of 11
marshaltu

Hello,

I downloaded a copy from Github and tested in my Windows and MAC machines. It seemed to work well. 

I am aware of the notes in the Github site about usage of the script. You have to work parametric design with the script and otherwise it would not work. I am not sure if you were running the case. If yes, you can right-mouse click root component in the browser and execute "Capture Design History" to switch to parametric design from direct-modeling design.

1. Enter the Model environment
  2. If not in direct modeling mode, create a Base Feature that will hold the surface mesh

Thanks,

Marshal

Marshal Tu
Fusion 360 Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 11
Ronald4418

I finally figured out how to get into the Scripts Folder and this Script is not present. I tried removing the Script and reloading it from the Zip File downloaded from GitHub and for some reason it will not deposit the necessary files into the Script Folder. I am running Fusion 360 Dev at present.
Message 6 of 11
Ronald4418

I finally figured out how to get into the Scripts Folder and this Script is not present. I tried removing the Script and reloading it from the Zip File downloaded from GitHub and for some reason it will not deposit the necessary files into the Script Folder. I am running Fusion 360 Dev at present.
Message 7 of 11
Ronald4418

I tried everything that has been suggested and the Script once opened will not deposit into the Scripts Folder. I've tried unzipping the Image2Surface download and Extracting it directly into the Scripts folder and I have tried copying and Pasting it in directly all to no avail.

Message 8 of 11
marshaltu

Hello,

Please try the following steps to load the script:

1. Download zipped script from Github and unzip it to a folder.

2. Launch Fusion 360 and invoke "Addin & Script Manager" dialog.

3. Hit "+" button to add an existing script to Fusion.

Screen Shot 2017-04-20 at 9.23.13 AM.png

4. Browse the folder which the script is located at and select "Image2Surface.js".

Screen Shot 2017-04-20 at 9.23.43 AM.png

Thanks,

Marshal

Marshal Tu
Fusion 360 Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 11
chendrixDLYCU

For anyone else with this issue, since JS is no longer supported, add the downloaded and unzipped GitHub folder to the add-ins folder that comes up when you switch to the add-ins (not scripts) tab in the Scripts + Add-Ins manager. You should then be able to add the Python script that Hans wrote.

Message 10 of 11
JeromeBriot
in reply to: chendrixDLYCU

Hello,

A more up to date topic: Image 2 Surface Script for Fusion 360

To install this add-in, you can also use this contribution: Install scripts or addins from GitHub

Message 11 of 11

That doesn't work either. The py file is not found. I can find it in downloads, extract the file, but can not find it from the add ins menu or through the green + symbol

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report