Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote control for Autodesk Fusion 360

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
MiWaNiZa
1128 Views, 3 Replies

Remote control for Autodesk Fusion 360

Remote control for Autodesk Fusion 360.

Allows to interact with Viewer using Natural Language or Speech Recognition interfaces to perform conversation in chat-like mode.

Feel free to check it on GitHub repository: fusion-remote.

Dmytro Yemelianov / Дмитрий Емельянов
Mechanical engineer & Software Developer / Инженер-машиностроитель и разработчик программного обеспечения
Blog (EN) | Blog (RU)
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: MiWaNiZa

Nice! I've been working on a remote control app for Fusion360 as well. Right now, the project is single-purpose - it generates STLs from a parametric design over a REST interface. My app also using sockets to drive Fusion remotely, but my approach to the client was different. Rather than a small static plugin that handles the messaging between Fusion and the server, I use a html client side redirect so Fusion360 downloads the plugin from the web. It's a lot heavier than your approach - the whole plugin is ~5MB minified and has to be downloaded every time the plugin is started up.

As soon as I wrap up the single-purpose app (hopefully in the next week), I'm planning on building a general remote control framework for Fusion. I'm planning on making it open-source (probably Apache).

Message 3 of 4
MiWaNiZa
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks a lot for your response. Actually I was inspired by Xiaodong Liang's Practise with Fusion 360 and Socket.IO – JavaScript API. This project really helped.

And yes - I decided to shift an accent of solution to the server side.

Good luck with your project! It's very nice.

Dmytro Yemelianov / Дмитрий Емельянов
Mechanical engineer & Software Developer / Инженер-машиностроитель и разработчик программного обеспечения
Blog (EN) | Blog (RU)
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 4 of 4
carloquinonez
in reply to: MiWaNiZa

Hi Dmytro,

Thanks for the link to the blog - I hadn't seen that post (or even the entire blog) before! So many blogs, so little time...

-Carlo

-CQ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report