Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Python API Documentation

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
nicozahn
3365 Views, 8 Replies

Python API Documentation

I was wondering what happened to the Python API documentation ... it was there in the windows version and now its gone again. Could it be possible to have it back? When will it become official? Any possibility of sending me a zip file of the documentation? Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
schneik-adsk
in reply to: nicozahn

Our next update will include all new sample and tools for Python including support for spider as IDE and debugger.

This should be available in the next week or two. 

What are you thinking of writing scripts for?

Kevin Schneider
Message 3 of 9
nicozahn
in reply to: schneik-adsk

Thanks Kevin thats great to hear. I have a couple of things I like to implement, but my first thing I like to do is a proper gear package creation set. I have some other ideas, but its good to know that in a week or so I can test them out.

Message 4 of 9
ekinsb

I belive the Python API that you're talking about was an early, incomplete prototype and is being replaced by a completely new API.  The new API is accessible through Javascript in the released version and will also support Python in the upcoming release.

Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Mod the Machine blog
Message 5 of 9
rada.mar
in reply to: ekinsb

looking foward to see this new update!

thanks

Message 6 of 9
nicozahn
in reply to: rada.mar

Autodesk Fusion 360 November update arrived and the new python API is there, thanks guys. However, I am missing still the documentation (Mac version). Also how final is this python API now? Will there be still things to change?

Message 7 of 9
rada.mar

as I see in the documentation help Programming Interface they're showing both JavaScript and Python information http://help.autodesk.com/view/NINVFUS/ENU/

Message 8 of 9
nicozahn
in reply to: rada.mar

A nice! I did not see that they updated the API documentation now in the help section. I was looking in the sample folders of the install folder. Thanks.

Message 9 of 9
ekinsb

You should also be seeing a lot of Python samples.  We've created Python samples that are the equivalent of all of the JavaScript samples.

Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Mod the Machine blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report