Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible bug in addDiameterDimension

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
dirktheeng
371 Views, 1 Reply

Possible bug in addDiameterDimension

I am not sure, but there may be a bug in addDiameterDimension.  It seems to be inconsistent on weather or not it adds a dimension in the sketch that the user can interact with based on where you put the txtPoint.  If you make a circle by center and radius and then put the txtPoint at the center, it won't add it in the sketch.  However, it will end up in the model parameters.

Not sure if there is some kind of logic that determines if it shows up in the sketch, but I would think that it should show up all the time.  If there is some logic, could you let me know it is?

21st Century Woodworking

-Blending 21st Century Woodworking with Old World Skill
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
marshaltu
in reply to: dirktheeng

Hello,

Thank you for reporting the issue to us.

It should be invalid input if we use center point of a circle or radius as text point. We need center point, text point to define the line direction of diameter dimension. If the two points are identical, we have no idea how the line of diameter dimension should be created. The method addDiameterDimension should fail in the case. Unfortunately we didn't validate the input so that faked "dimension" was created. 

We will correct the behaviour in future releases.

Thanks,

Marshal

Marshal Tu
Fusion 360 Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report