Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Physical Interface - Midi/OSC

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
edoardo.sattin
1651 Views, 2 Replies

Physical Interface - Midi/OSC

Hi there!
2 days ago I had an idea: controlling variables/parameters via a midi or OSC interface.
That could be very useful in order to explore different shapes in a fast and intuitive way.
Below, a video demonstration.

I checked online but couldn't find anything. As you can see in the video, there's just a software, Rhino (natively not-parametric), that via Grasshopper and another plugin can control shapes via midi controls.

Now, the developing part:
I'm learning javascript as my first programming language and I am very interested in adding a controller in my design workflow. I'd like to connect physical devices like nanoKONTROL or apps like TouchOSC to Fusion.
Do you think it is possible, via a script or add-in to do something like that? If so, are you interested in helping? Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks for reading!
Have a nice day!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ekinsb
in reply to: edoardo.sattin

That's an interesting project but I think you may be better off using Python instead of JavaScript.  Python is a better choice when programming Fusion anyway and after doing a brief search on the web I'm not sure there is a JavaScirpt integration to the devices you listed.  I did see some experiments but they were for Node and the JavaScript in Fusion is running in a browser, not Node.  I did find a Python library for TouchOSC. I didn't dig deep enough to see which version of Python but it's recent enough that hopefully it's for Python 3.

https://www.acmesystems.it/touchosc

Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Mod the Machine blog
Message 3 of 3
edoardo.sattin
in reply to: ekinsb

Thank you very much for your suggestions and sorry for the late answer!

As soon as I learn a bit of Python I'll start the project. Again, suggestions are well accepted!

See you soon!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report