Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On create new file

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
etfrench
319 Views, 5 Replies

On create new file

Is there a way to run a script whenever a new file is created?

ETFrench

EESignature

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: etfrench

I'm not too familiar with the way Fusion does its events but you might start with the Application object and this example (Sample Programs/General/Miscellaneous/Application Event API Sample). The application object help page is here), and I'm assuming those links are persistence given I've had trouble getting back using Firefox history.

The Application object has documentOpened and documentOpening event handlers. Whether that's the same thing as "create new file" I don't know. Possibly not...

Message 3 of 6
etfrench
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks for the reply.  DocumentOpening isn't the same as creating a new document.  If there were an event for document creation, a script could be created to set parameters and other settings for group projects.

ETFrench

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
ekinsb

There currently is not a specific event for when a new file is created.  However, we will be adding this in the near future along with some other document related events.

Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Mod the Machine blog
Message 5 of 6
etfrench
in reply to: ekinsb

Sounds good.  Thanks

ETFrench

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
ekinsb

Just to let you know that this capability will be in the May 30 Fusion 360 update.

Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Mod the Machine blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report