Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generated code from scala.js works, FYI

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
banshee10
502 Views, 1 Reply

Generated code from scala.js works, FYI

If you're interested in the new API stuff but prefer to work in Scala, I just tried running code generated from scala.js in a Fusion360 script, and the basics seem to be working fine.  Fusion360-api plus Scala.js is pretty much the definition of bleeding-edge, but I think it's got serious potential.  (Assuming that you're not going to have a JVM native scripting environment, of course - I've been assuming that since you're talking about JavaScript and Python a jvm thing isn't in the cards...)

It'd be really nice to have the types available in some kind of machine-readable format (other than the html for the doc site).  C/C++ header files, whatever you've got - it'd be better than building traits by parsing html.

----
James Moore
james@restphone.com
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
KrisKaplan
in reply to: banshee10

James,

Great to hear.

FWIW: As for parsing, you may want to look at the Tern definition files we include in the application's 'defs' folder (core.json, fusion.json, and utilities.json).  These files are JSON (of course) in the format that the Brackets editor needs to supply to the Tern engine to generate the code hints.  These should make it trivial to extract type information about the API (unfortunately, this does not currently include the documentation strings).

Kris

Kris Kaplan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report