Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion 360 API Video Course

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ekinsb
606 Views, 1 Reply

Fusion 360 API Video Course

I posted a teaser video last week on my blog about a course that would soon be available.  Well it’s here now on the Autodesk Design Academy site. You can use your existing Autodesk account to sign up and it’s free.

VideoCourse.png

Here’s the official description of the course:

This course combines the power of 3D design with the programming language Python to teach you how to automate the 3D modeling process. You will learn how to develop and publish an app to the Autodesk App Store that automates the design of 3D printer parts in Autodesk Fusion 360. After completing this course, you will be able to write code that controls Fusion 360, allowing you to automate CAD modeling specific to your industry and passions. Automating your CAD modeling in the application programming interface (API) will save you time, money, and resources. This course is designed for those who have a basic understanding of Fusion 360 and beginning to advanced experience programming in Python. Whether you’re a designer exploring programming languages or a developer stepping into the design space, challenge yourself by learning how to automate your 3D modeling.

All of the credit goes to the team at Brigham Young University that developed the course. They were great to work with and have created something that should be a great help to those that are new to automating Fusion 360. Feedback on the content and any suggestions to improve it are very welcome.

Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Mod the Machine blog
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
luismestre
in reply to: ekinsb

This is great. I started python a week ago. Hope i can follow this course.
Luis Mestre
Oil&Gas Sr.3D & Subsea/Structural Designer
"Autodesk Autocad/Inventor & 3D Studio Max"
Email:lmsmestre@gmail.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report