Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to online storage with API / Add-In

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
211 Views, 1 Reply

Export to online storage with API / Add-In

Hi,  Im a new newbie so although I have searched the forum and not found the answer, it may already be answered, I just can't find it!

I'm wanting to build an add-in/API that will create a button to allow a user to log in to a particular website and upload their design to file storage there.  A bit like being able to log into a service like dropbox (but its not for dropbox!) and deposit a .f3d or similar file directly from within Fusion360.

Any ideas on if this is possible and how I can relatively quickly implement such a request?  All and any help will result in praise, beer (if your near) kudos and love!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
prainsberry
in reply to: Anonymous

Hey it is definitely possible.  Basically what you can do is export the file to a local temp directory and then upload it to a given site.

Here is an example of uploading to a local server's REST API, but the process would be the same for external servers as well. 

https://github.com/tapnair/OctoFusion

Patrick Rainsberry
Developer Advocate, Fusion 360

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report