Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when Trying to Create New Add-In

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
kkramer43YNC
455 Views, 7 Replies

Error when Trying to Create New Add-In

Hey All,

I am getting a pop-up error when trying to create a new Add-In using Fusion 360:

"Unable to find default manifest!+Script with same name already exists!

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue? I broke my Fusion! 😞 

ErrorBox.PNG

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
copypastestd
in reply to: kkramer43YNC

I have the same problem, and haven't found how to fix it yet.

P.S. I have such problems only with Python - JS and C++ work fine.

Message 3 of 8
ekinsb

I've never run into that before but am able to reproduce the problem.  The reason I've never seen it before is that I always change the default name "NewAddInX" to some other name that's more identifiable for what my add-in will be doing.  Try that and see if you can now create a new script or add-in.  It should be working with the default name though and I'll log a defect.

Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Mod the Machine blog
Message 4 of 8
copypastestd
in reply to: ekinsb

Hello Brian,

tnx for your reply.

But it seems that your hypothesis is not correct.

Check my screencast plz.

Message 5 of 8
ekinsb
in reply to: copypastestd

You're right.  Thanks for letting me know.  This must be a recent regression because I create new add-ins all the time.  I'll update the defect with this additional information and raise the priority.  A workaround for now would be to go to the folder where add-ins are created and copy an existing one where you'll need to rename the folder, the .py file and the .manifest file to the new name of your add-ins.  You'll then be able to open it and edit the code.

Brian Ekins
Mod the Machine blog
Message 6 of 8
kkramer43YNC

Hey All,

The same thing is happening for me - there is no workaround or name that I can find that will let me create the application. 

-Kyle 

Message 7 of 8
ekinsb

The problem is that with the latest Fusion update some files are missing that are needed to create a new Python add-in.  We've fixed it and the fix will be available in the update in April but until then you can use the files I've attached. To create a new add-in, unpack the files either in the default location for add-ins or any location.  You'll need to rename the folder and the .py and .manifest file to have the same name and be the name of the add-in.  You should also edit the id in the .manifest file to be a unique GUID.  Here's an online tool you can use for that.  https://www.guidgen.com/  If you put the files in the default location, Fusion should now see the add-in and it will be the list of add-ins.  If you put it somewhere else you'll need to use the green "+" in the Scripts and Add-Ins dialog to add it to the add-in list.  Now you should be able to edit and run it as usual.

Brian Ekins
Mod the Machine blog
Message 8 of 8
copypastestd

After last update - I could finally create Python add-inn.

The problem is solved, tnx a lot.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report