Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crash fixed - New app versions available

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Phil.E
2097 Views, 3 Replies

Crash fixed - New app versions available

Hi,

This message is for anyone experiencing crashes with Fusion who are using the following add-ins.

DXF for Laser

Helical Gear Generator

If you are using these two apps, please get the new versions available now. (released December 23, 2016)

1)      DXF For Laser (Mac): https://apps.autodesk.com/FUSION/en/Detail/Index?id=7634902334100976871&appLang=en&os=Mac

2)      DXF For Laser (Win): https://apps.autodesk.com/FUSION/en/Detail/Index?id=7634902334100976871&os=Win64&appLang=en

3)      Helical Gear Generator (Mac): https://apps.autodesk.com/FUSION/en/Detail/Index?id=9029586664984391977&appLang=en&os=Mac

4)      Helical Gear Generator (Win): https://apps.autodesk.com/FUSION/en/Detail/Index?id=9029586664984391977&appLang=en&os=Win64

Thanks,

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Phil.E
in reply to: Phil.E

UPDATE:

The number of daily crash reports for this problem is declining, which is good news. However I am still getting at least a few CER reports each day for this. Some comments indicate that customers are not sending in all CER reports. 

So this is your friendly reminder to send in CER (crash) reports when you see the dialog below. These are critical for us to analyze and fix crashes. In this particular case the report triggers an email with instructions on how to stop crashing, so you can see how important these reports are.

Thanks everyone!

Please send these in.

CER_reporting.png

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
matth
in reply to: Phil.E

I have found this excellent post only because of my curiosity in the heading, which now that I read it and reply, I feel it should read something more valuable, perhaps sculpted, to highlight the use of CER's. Or maybe I should split this reply. Oh well. 

I am a fond user of the CER reports. I sincerely hope that beyond entertainment and drama in my crash details you have found helpful descriptions of the sequence of events as visible to me. 

Here are some ideas I have where you can improve CER submission rates and community participation: 

Reply to CER's, give the details on the actual progress of this issue and how many other people have it, potentially describe what areas are failing and known workarounds. Maybe tell us where we can help out more. 

Or for other nefarious reasons.

I first saw one of this pop-up and thought this was excellent, I think around 2008/09. I have since religiously submitted details and encourage everyone to, as well. Remarkably, this post has been the first moment in my life where the human on the other side of the fence threw a paper airplane back over the wall! I am sure it has been done before, just not in my moments. 

I might be speaking to myself, for myself, but the automatic replies do not do it for me, I throw your neatly folded paper with notes inside, and I get back a canned solution or canned gratitude without insight. A bit one-sided, self-serving.

Get more error reports and responsible + understanding users if their communications are two-dimensional, i.e. reciprocal.

Share this if it hits home.

MSH | Matt
Message 4 of 4
Phil.E
in reply to: matth

@matth

Thanks for taking the time to let us know how you feel and what your experiences are. And thanks for sending in your CER reports, it really does help all customers when people send those in because we get more information to help solve problems.

We do send out personal responses to CER, but usually it's for very specific reasons: such as we cannot reproduce a crash without customer help, or as in this case, where crashes can be avoided by customers taking very specific steps. Often it's to install a service pack (for Inventor customers for instance) or in this case replace an addin that has gone stale.

Oddly enough, I just switched my efforts related to this crash to "automatic" reply. I had already sent out hundreds of personal notes to the people crashing in this bucket, one for every CER that happened because of this crash. It would be nice to send a personal note to all of the many other CERs we get, but we just don't have the personnel to manage it. 

I am hopeful that people get these automated replies and at least consider the advice in them that fixes their crashes. It would be a shame to close the loop without closing the loop, so to speak. Unfortunately at this point it must be automated.

Keep sending in those CERs and we'll be happy to look at them in every possible chance.

Thanks,

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report