Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone help with a plugin

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
sgerrey
408 Views, 6 Replies

Can someone help with a plugin

Hi there I have never posted in this section before. I don't even know if this is the right place to ask! 

But im stuck on something. 

The details can be read on this thread 

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/design-validate-document/thanks-for-the-update-but/td-p/6819914

As as it turns out ADSK is not looking to a centre of extents currently. 

But it would really help my work flow. 

If this is the place the plug in writer hang out then maybe some one could help out if they are interested. 

The goal is to place a dot that can be toggled to use the move command! 

This dot will represent the centre of extremes for both x,y and z axis! 

It could be used to position a second copy of the part in such a way as to be able to nest a 3D part and make far better use of the materials. 

As outlined I. The thread before it gets derailed slightly by the chat about centre of mass. Which is not the same thing! 

So if any coders out out there are interested can we chat about it please? 

Many thanks 

Good things 

Simon 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ekinsb
in reply to: sgerrey

I've posted a response in the original IdeaStation request with a script that will create a sketch point at the range box center and optionally draw the range box itself.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/ideastation-request-a-feature-or/box-around-a-imported-part/idc-p/596...

Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Mod the Machine blog
Message 3 of 7
daniel_lyall
in reply to: ekinsb

@ekinsb This script is very good, you can get a nice and squire copy of 1 stock useing the move copy command, It would improve it to the next level if you could diamention from each center dot, so you can fluff around getting each copy to a perfect position by just changeing the diamentions.

Eye balling it is ok since the move tool is now parametric but there is lots of measuring and adjusting.

Attached is a model you can play with, it's not one off the ones Simmons owns.

Win10 pro | 16 GB ram | 4 GB graphics Quadro K2200 | Intel(R) 8Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User
My Websight, Daniels Wheelchair Customisations.
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 4 of 7
sgerrey
in reply to: daniel_lyall

@ekinsb

So it's me that requested this add in. Thank you Brian for making it. 

I have used it for a regular shape and it worked fine.

But I have broken it the first time I used it for a gun stock. 

heres a picture of what happened. Screen Shot 2017-02-28 at 11.52.10 AM.pngI have PM'd you Brian to see if you can take a look at it please?

If your on holiday.

Is there a ADSK or API guru, than take a look at it and see if it can be fixed? 

Cheers 

Simon 

Message 5 of 7
ekinsb

I've made a small fix and hopefully that fixes the problem your seeing.  I started working on an add-in version so it's a bit easier to use but have run into a bug that I need to log before I can post it. The new version of the script is available here.

Brian Ekins
Mod the Machine blog
Message 6 of 7
sgerrey
in reply to: ekinsb

@ekinsb wrote:

I've made a small fix and hopefully that fixes the problem your seeing.  I started working on an add-in version so it's a bit easier to use but have run into a bug that I need to log before I can post it. The new version of the script is available here.

@ekinsb

Thank you Brian. 

I will give it a try...........

Well I did try it. sorry to say it didn't work. mac settings perhaps? But i would think Py is universal isn't it? 

Screen Shot 2017-03-01 at 10.13.37 AM.png

Simon 

Message 7 of 7
ekinsb

I've tested it on a couple of simple models and it should work on anything but maybe there's a case that it can't handle.  Can you send me the f3d of the model that's not working for you?  You can either post it here or send it directly to me at brian dot ekins at autodesk.com

Brian Ekins
Mod the Machine blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report