Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-import parameters

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
tezet_8
447 Views, 5 Replies

Auto-import parameters

Hi,

Is it possible in any way to auto-import my external parameters without opening Fusion 360?

I have tried Parameter I/O script and like it but wonder how can I auto export (ex. to Autodesk serwers) or import from my web place without manually doing it in Fusion.

Is it workable?

Anybody can do this?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ekinsb
in reply to: tezet_8

To do anything with a Fusion design the design must be open in Fusion.  Using an add-in and events it might be possible to automate updating parameters in a design when you open it.  Is that what you're looking for?

Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Mod the Machine blog
Message 3 of 6
tezet_8

I need something that will do auto-update without launching script everytime by myself.

Something that will update parameters everytime when I update and save CSV file, or auto update for ex. 5 sec.

Message 4 of 6
ekinsb

I don't see a good way to accomplish this today but in the next couple of months we'll be adding functionality to the API that will allow you to run the polling in a separate thread.

Brian Ekins
Mod the Machine blog
Message 5 of 6
szac
in reply to: ekinsb

Hello, 

Checking in on the polling functionality.  I too am in need of having a model (and associated 2D drawings) updating via remote CSV.  I found this python script at your blog that when combined with polling could likely solve for this.  

Thanks,

Joe

Message 6 of 6
ekinsb
in reply to: szac

Here's a link to a topic in the API help that is the functionality that I referred to earlier.

http://help.autodesk.com/view/fusion360/ENU/?guid=GUID-F9FD4A6D-C59F-4176-9003-CE04F7558CCC

Brian Ekins
Mod the Machine blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report