Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shampoo bottle 3d model - Help!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
721 Views, 6 Replies

shampoo bottle 3d model - Help!

Hi everyone!

I want to build a 3d modell of my shampoobottle in autodesk autostudio. Because I am a beginner it´s still not that easy to get that result which I want.

Here you see the railcurve of the bottom:

shampooBotton.jpg

and here the railcurve of the top:

shampootop.jpg

My first question is about the curve flow of the bottom railcurve. I put the curve curvatore locator on to see the result. I already edited a few parameters and adjusted the radius. Is the result good enough to get a smooth surface?

curve curvature.jpg

Next question:
I created the curves with the curve tool. To get smooth edges I took the curve fillet tool. Because of unknown reasons, the curve fillet tool didn´t work on the shape of the top. It says "Curve fillet failed". As you can see I still have these sharp edges. I tried to set the parameters up and high but there is still no success. Anyone has an idea what I did wrong?

My last question is about the building of the modell. As you can see the shape of the bottom is unsimilar to the shape of the top. So I have to build a surface between these two curves. I built another curve which goes from the bottom curve straight to the top curve with Pointsnap. Then I took the brail gen surface tool to generate a surface between the two railcurves and the generation curve. But what ever I do, I don´t get the result which I want. Is there already any mistake in my working process?

If it is neccesarry, I could upload a video for better understanding.

Sorry for the long text. It would be very helpful if anyone can answer just one of my questions. Thanks a lot!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi jackytheripper88,

Q1: The curve flow doesn't matter as long as it is a single span or the highlight & curvature looks good.

Q2: Try to use chord

Chord Value.jpg

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

thanks man, it worked! 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Hey folks, I have another question about the modelling of my bottle. 

The modelling of the side surface is because of its complexity not that easy as it seems to be. As you can see below the outer wall from the bottle has 4 shapes. The 2 sideshapes left and right are builing a triangle which has a height of three quartes of the bottle height. So if i just connect the bottom curve with the top curve (first post) I don´t have the triangle. How would you model a shape like this? 

The fact that the edges of the side surface are very sharp comparing to the edges of the bottom curve makes it also difficult for me.  

shampoozeichnung3.jpg  shampoozeichnung2.jpg

shampoozeichnung1.jpgshampoozeichnung.jpg

I would be very grateful for any help! 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Hey guys, sorry for the double post but I really want to know how I should go on 😞

I managed to build a rough model of the bottle (picture 1) but I am not sure if I made the right steps to get there where I am now. My aim is to get get a result with a smooth surface tension. 
Instead of taking the bottom and top curves with the round edges (first post), I took curves with sharp edges. Only with that approach I could build the triangles at the side. What I didn´t do is to measure the curve continuity. I think if I have sharpe edges like in the picture it is quite impossible to get a smooth surface tension, isn´t it?
In picture 3 you see my old previous model but with that approach I don´t have the triangles at the side.

I fear that the approach is wrong and I have to go back to my shape with round edges. What is your opinion? I hope someone can understand my dilemma and can help me.

(I hope my english is understandable. I come from germany and unfortunately it is very difficult to discribe such a complex problem in a foreign language.)

shampoozeichnung4.jpg 

shampoozeichnung5.jpg

shampoozeichnung6.jpg

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Hi jackytheripper88,

I've tried to model something similar to the shampoo bottle, kindly take a look at it and see if it helps.

2017-01-25_15-30-15.jpg

Message 7 of 7
systembolaget

Judging from the photos, there's a typical solution for these kind of shapes - don't use the Round Tool, but simply build the surfaces as surfaces. Front surface. Side surface. Birail in between. This way, you also have a G2 continuous result.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report