Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotation of Scan Data - error?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
karel_povolny2ZHH9
205 Views, 2 Replies

Rotation of Scan Data - error?

Hi, 

I have a problem with rotating a specific object - scan data imported as *.stl file.

With normal surface object there is now problem with rotation, but with this scan file the rotation is working only around Z axis. If you rotate around X or Y axis, then there the rotation is bit tilted. Around Y axis is not that remarkable, but around X axis its really wild. Has anyone faced a similar or same problem?

P.S. I might need to create some example data, as my current model is confidential.

DI Karel Vaclav Povolny,

"The imagination will not perform until it has been flooded by a vast torrent of reading." - Petronius
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Can you confirm the following.

• Are there any transformations already applied to the mesh? (Windows-> Information Windows->Transform Info)
  • If so, you can apply all the transformations by selecting the mesh and Pallete->Tranform->Zero Transform

After the above steps, is the rotation working as expected?

Hope it helps.

Message 3 of 3

Yes, that is the right solutions. After I reset all the transformations, the rotation works perfectly.

Thank you a lot!
DI Karel Vaclav Povolny,

"The imagination will not perform until it has been flooded by a vast torrent of reading." - Petronius

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators