Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

projected curves create an edge on surface

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
tushar_v
569 Views, 2 Replies

projected curves create an edge on surface

Hi, 

I am having this weird issue of a curve on surface or a projected surface turning into an edge on the surface. the edge is non ending type (like a cut in the middle of a surface) . its kind of difficult to explain ;D . I have attached a screenshot of the issue area and also upload a file associated with the issue with the error part duplicated into another layer.

I have had this issue thrice by now. I had the issue on the center surface(with n projections) of the file I am sending but when exporting it into another file that one vanished. but another fillet still has this issue. never had this issue before this version. (version 21.1). Kindly look into this issue.    @Michael-GG,  @bob55 

link to file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1q2KbITHQS4yXbtdOQ2oMl0B3_zfYWAc_/view?usp=sharing

Regards,

Tushar

Labels (4)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
KaiTi.L
in reply to: tushar_v

Hi Tushar,
I looked into your issue and file. (thanks for attaching)
The edge (tiny gap) is caused by a duplicated curve on surfaces. Using multiple overlapping cos can cause unexpected trim results / or shading issues.
If you untrim the mentioned surface and delete the duplicated cos the issue should be solved.

Best regards
Kai-Timo

Message 3 of 3
tushar_v
in reply to: KaiTi.L

Hi Kai,
Thank you for the reply. I tried that in one of the surfaces earlier( in
another surface which i mentioned) but untriming the surface did not
register the edge as a cos in one instance. But i will try as you
have suggested for future works.

Regards,
Tushar

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report