Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with round tool

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
adam4401
718 Views, 3 Replies

Problems with round tool

Hello,

at first I want to apolgize for my english grammar - I'm not native speaker.

I have issue with the round tool while trying to create a grid in Alias. I need to round the corners a little bit, however I can't do that.img1.pngimg2.png

As you can see in the pictures - the round tool creates the surface not only along the edge, but it continues further and broke the trimmed surface. I tried to modify the trimmed surface by not trimming from the main surface (the big one in top left corner), but by creating separate square around grill and trimming that square, however that doesn't work either. So my question is how can I create the round only along the edge? And if this description is not enough, I can provide you with original file.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
andrewmole
in reply to: adam4401

Hi adam4401,

You may need to trim convert it...

Message 3 of 4
duaxiong

Intersect the flange surfaces and trim them back.

When you build your Round, you may find it helpful to specify a "0" sized Round for some adjacent intersections.

Message 4 of 4
sadatsan

Hi

May be you could make the fillet with Default as the Flow Controls Option in surface fillet tool, so that you dont get the surface trimmed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report