Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX to ALIAS TRANSLATION

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
wah_tang-EXT
168 Views, 3 Replies

NX to ALIAS TRANSLATION

Hi.

I am trying to export native .prt files from NX into Alias and maintain all layers, groups and especially the annotations and notes. This process works well from catia to Alias via catparts and catproducts but within the NX world, all the annotations are lost. Is there a process/workaround to have more robust annotated files into Alias ?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
c3systems
in reply to: wah_tang-EXT

I suppose you are talking about PMI in NX? I think only some stand alone text annotations and some construction points used to come through by default. Are you trying to get linear/angular/radial dimensions?

Try to see if the PMI can be converted to Curves in NX and export it out.

Please be reminded that the resulting file would have a large number of curves and directional in nature.

Please find attached the picture of a sample NX part file from NIST and the result in Alias.

Message 3 of 4
wah_tang-EXT
in reply to: c3systems

Not sure if the image is showing the annotations as curves or as construction info within Alias. 

I'd like to get the linear/angular/radial dimensions as constructions rather than curves. Its easier to manage and less data to handle.  Would this be possible .

Message 4 of 4
c3systems
in reply to: wah_tang-EXT

Part of the PMI came as annnotations in Alias and not as curves.

I don't have access to UG.

Please download the models (NIST-STC-PMI-v4.zip) from https://pages.nist.gov/CAD-PMI-Testing/models.html

Please find attached the NX model and the Alias model after translation.

Hope it helps

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators