Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to load in any non-native data in 2022(.1)

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
smeise
436 Views, 5 Replies

Not able to load in any non-native data in 2022(.1)

When I try to load in non-native geometry data (for example. .fbx, .stp, .CATPart,...), the conversion fails due to an internal error. A reinstallation of the program didn't helped. I tested the conversion with a simple cube in .stp format-> failed. The error message says: "Errors detected during translation, STEP file was not retrieved" and "Translation of cube_stitched.stp failed due to an internal error."

The same file wre loaded in without any problems in ALIAS 2021(.x.x).

Labels (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
bob55
in reply to: smeise

Can you output to a step file?

Message 3 of 6
smeise

Hi Bob,

Interesting, I didn't tested that. But the result gives a good indication, what's going on.

So, my test of writing out a simple cube in STEP-format failed as well. Prompt history says:
"No connection made to translator" and (again) "Translation of test.stp failed due to internal error".

It looks like, that ALIAs can not access the translator executables(?)

Message 4 of 6
bob55

You need to have permission to communicate thru local host.  That means within the same machine.  It's being blocked by your fire wall or your IT dept.  You may also have problems using hardware shade and software rendering as they also use inter-process communication.

Message 5 of 6
smeise

Hi Bob,

Ok, I can let it check. But why is ALIAS 2021.x.x and earlier working without any problems?

Message 6 of 6
bob55

I suspect those executables are on some allow list or have inbound or outbound rules in Windows defender (maybe).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report