Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot rename tools in my shelves Alias 2021

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
803 Views, 5 Replies

Cannot rename tools in my shelves Alias 2021

Hi folks. I can't seem to rename the tools I've recently dragged into my shelves or the control panel. I'm using a prefset imported over from Alias 2020, and I seem to be able to rename a select few, older tools.

The tools retain the custom name in the name edit box, but don't reflect that change in my shelves. This is even with saving my preferences before restarting Alias.

Any help would be massively appreciated!

Labels (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
bob55
in reply to: Anonymous

Please zip up your %APPDATA%\Autodesk\Alias\UserPrefs2021 directory and post it here please or send them to me in a private message.

Message 3 of 6
BETA_id

Same here in 2022 ,  Outcome?

Message 4 of 6
BETA_id
in reply to: bob55

Same here in 2022 ,  Outcome?

Message 5 of 6
bob55

When you say you cannot rename tools on the shelf, do you mean that when you ctrl-double click and the dialog comes up and you change the name and label, nothing changes on the shelf?  The name you would see in the pulldown for the tab in the shelf and the label you would see below the tool icon.  Or is it that the name reverts back after you re-launch the product?   If it's the latter, I would ask it you saved your Preferences before exiting Alias.

Bob

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

if you have modified your clutch key setting, you might need to temporarily set the control key to none then hold down control and double click on the shelf item you wish to rename. hope this helps

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report