Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autoodesk Self-Extract Stuck!

33 REPLIES 33
Message 1 of 34
samir.enes
14042 Views, 33 Replies

Autoodesk Self-Extract Stuck!

Hey guys, yesterday i downloaded Alias Automotive 2014 with BROWSER DOWNLOAD, now trying to extract it. But Autodesk Self-Extract stucks at 44th second with 1.20GB  . waited like half an hour. but did not work. Changed the extraction destination to another disk , SAME... Tried to run it as Administrator, but SAME problem...

Please can you help me out?

33 REPLIES 33
Message 21 of 34
calvinos
in reply to: vcr1955

Im having the same issue, its super annoying. I used the virtual downloader and it wont extract the second half of the download. Really need an answer to this...
Message 22 of 34
matthew.d
in reply to: calvinos

Hi All,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear about the issue. Are you making sure to run this as the administrator? Also make sure everything is up to date including your graphics card driver and Windows.

Matt DiMichele
Autodesk Product Blogs | @ADSKCommunity Twitter

Likes are greatly appreciated. Everyone enjoys a thumbs up!

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.
Message 23 of 34
Grimgorkos
in reply to: matthew.d

yes, its all up to date and ive run it all as an adminstrator. I have actually beena ble to install it via the Virtual agent by changing the download path to another hard drive i have in my system. The other issue i came accross though was that once i had the installer work and install the program - it said that it was all sorted out and done. but the actual program 3ds max was not installed - only the utilities and subtools etc. i had thsi problem for over a week now, and finally got it sorted out today by just copying the actual finished and working 3ds max file from my laptop onto my PC. So if other people have this issue, try installing 3ds onto another machine and then copy the file onto your main PC. I have an image attached to what my problem looked like (saying it was installed although it was not - and yes, i have searched every folder in my PC for the program and it was not there) - i had also reinstalled 3ds max and deleted all folder multiple times and reinstalled it. nothing worked. only my final attempt with copying the folder did the job. please fix this Autodesk.
Message 24 of 34
Grimgorkos
in reply to: Grimgorkos

Message 25 of 34
altuntas85
in reply to: Grimgorkos

open the windows in selfmode (with network) and setup it.

Message 26 of 34
Richard-K

Hi,

I am also having the same issue, Autodesk Self-Extract freezes at 6.38GB / 33.8GB. I'm running these from a folder on my desktop as administrator.

I am trying to install the 2017 version on Windows 7 64bit. All drivers are up to date.

Message 27 of 34
lrissa.padrezas
in reply to: Richard-K

Don't know if this will help anybody, but i was having the same issue and disabling my virus scanner temporarily allowed the software to extract without issue.  McAfee in this case.

Message 28 of 34

Some further information that may be causing this and might help others. There are multiple folders called "Root" in the self extractor.  By default it's a protected folder and Anti-Virus agents may block and stop them from being extracted.  Three options:

A) Autodesk could fix their installer and not use a protected system name such as "Root" for folder names

B) your antivirus administrator can implement an exclusion to not block these folders (there's dozens of them in the extractor.  Work with your Antivirus Administrator to make sure they are all excluded)

C) Disable your antivurus software temporarily while you run the extraction and install.

Message 29 of 34
Anonymous
in reply to: samir.enes

Hi,

I had the same problem and I have uninstalled Spybot.

The problem is now solve

Regards

Phil from France

Message 30 of 34
eric.chyou

Hi

I just bought my computer a few weeks ago Win 10 64bit. everything meets the requirement and I have tried disabling firewalls, UAC, turned off smartscreen and ran as admin also ran with the admin account. The self extractor still disappears. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Eric 

Message 31 of 34
mariomayo
in reply to: lrissa.padrezas

Yes it works for me.

I desable de On-Access scanner Mcafee.

Tnks a lot 

Message 32 of 34
subratkumar47
in reply to: lynn_zhang

@lynn_zhang ,i did everything according to your advice ,but same problem happened . give any other solution .

Message 33 of 34
betocabus
in reply to: altuntas85

Windows 10 safe mode with network worked for me! thank you

Message 34 of 34

I've had this issue with every Revit self extractor to date. Here is what works

1. DISABLE ANTIVIRUS. Including Windows Defender. Turn all real-time protection off.

2. Move files from downloads to a different folder. In my case moving all to the root C:\ helped.

3. If your self extract app disappears for no reason - rename all exe files and remove SFX suffix. From something like "Revit_2018_G1_Win_64bit_dlm_001_003.sfx.exe" to "Revit_2018_G1_Win_64bit_dlm_001_003.exe". Do this with all files.

Of course you need to make sure you have enough free space and write permissions. This should help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report