Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alias Studio Problem Sketching with Paint Symmetry

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
andrewrumble
582 Views, 5 Replies

Alias Studio Problem Sketching with Paint Symmetry

I have encountered a problem using the paint symmetry tool within Alias Studio paint/sketch workflow. When I attempt to use either bilateral or radial symmetry when sketching with any paint brush I experience massive lag.ie. The stroke is drawn onscreen several seconds after I've completed.

I use a wacom cintiq although the same result is encountered when using the mouse as an input device so I do not believe it to be a driver issue related to the tablet. The problem persist regardless of how small I make the canvas; minimum number of layers ect. I have a reasonably high spec. machine, so I do not expect it to be a hardware resource issue. No other applications are running, so it should not be an application conflict. And finally, I've updated the drivers on everything I can think of.

If anyone else has experienced this problem and has found a solution could you please advise. Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
tekbot
in reply to: andrewrumble

what graphic card?

if your on subscription, I would call that in.

Geez, Thats the reason i dont use photoshop and i never have had that issue.
Message 3 of 6
mikedee

I`ve experienced this with my Toshiba tabletPC, mainly in screen clone mode (using beamer)
Unfortunately, I was not able to reproduce it regularly and I still suspect it is wacom/nvidia issue.
I`ll keep you posted if found anything.

mike
Message 4 of 6
design22

Rereading the original question, I don't see anything about PhotoShop. How did that become part of the issue?
Message 5 of 6

ive seen massive lag too but havent found any ways to fix it yet..
Message 6 of 6

any solution ? I m having the same issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report