Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alias 2024 Bugs so far (Pref Importing, Draw Style Inconsistent, Color Assigning)

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
mcgeecardesign
359 Views, 6 Replies

Alias 2024 Bugs so far (Pref Importing, Draw Style Inconsistent, Color Assigning)

Just wanted to post a couple things I've noticed so far! 

1. Importing preferences from older versions is not very stable. For example, if I were to click only import marking menus, it does not bring them over. But if I leave everything selected, they will come over. It seems some items are assigned to different categories when porting over. This happens with several items, like color schemes. I was able to get everything over though, thankfully. But it seems partially broken. I understand it must be hard going from the two preference file types.
**Side note, if you're having trouble finding your shelves when you import prefs, go through Windows / shelves, and check through them to see if they're there. Old Control Panel-docked shelves are now called "Classic PanelTools Shelf". 

2. For me, "draw style" settings are super inconsistent. It seems file specific too. My base preferences are "single" surfaces, "solid" symmetry. But EVERY time I open a certain model for the first time when booting Alias, it shows as "double" and "dotted". Even after saving the profile.  Most times I just have to open the "draw style" menu and close it, and it will return to normal. However, another file I open does not do this. The problem seems inconsistent overall, hard to reproduce. I've tried to port over just a few important details of my preferences, but I still have the issue. Seems fine when using the Guest Profile, but I don't want to start from scratch. 

3. Some of the interface colors are missing or not assigned correctly. 

- "max" part of Inactive measurement locators are assigned as CV color

- Annot 1&2 are completely missing in the Inactive Modeling section

- CoS color active is assigned the same as Curve, CoS missing altogether

- CoS color inactive is assigned as UV History Curve, CoS missing altogether

There are probably more, but I just imported the colors from my 23 profile and didn't touch them further. 

The color selector menu is also very laggy for some reason. 

4. I'm very new to animation, but after creating an animation in a file, it's very slow to tumble which is expected, but when I delete the whole animation and keyframes, tumble speed does not recover until I restart Alias. Is there something else I need to do to kill the animation system?

That's it so far! I'll report here if I find more. 

Take care everyone. 

Labels (6)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

I've found another pretty big one...Occasionally I'm getting a "no-Msave" crash when initiating Transform CV and hitting space-bar for the wheel. I haven't found what causes it yet. So easy to lose work with this though.

Tags (2)
Message 3 of 7
Michael-GG
in reply to: mcgeecardesign

@mcgeecardesign thanks for your feedback here! I get one of my QA people to look into your list.

On your crashes in TransformCV, can you please provide a CER number for one of those crashes?

Thanks,

Michael

Michael G.-G.
Manager Quality Assurance Automotive
Message 4 of 7

Thanks so much Michael! 

So I'm onto a new project and it hasn't crashed on me yet for Transform CV. It may have been file specific, as my colleagues have not had a crash either. Unfortunately when I got the crash there was no report to grab anything from. 

Another bug I've just found is in the history viewer, I've checked "do not show again" on the confirmation box, and now delete will not work, either by hitting the trash can or the menu in the tool. It does nothing when I click it. In the mean time, how could I reset the confirmation pop-ups? 

Just a couple pet peeves, I've also noticed that when using the Transform CV tool, and clicking not quite perfectly on a CV, it'll often turn the CVs on of the nearby surface I've actually clicked, when they were previously turned off. Maybe there's reason for this, but I feel that the Transform CV tool should only be effective for surfaces/curves with the CVs already turned on.

There also used to be a little preview of the shader sphere in the switch shader, and now it just has text of the shader name to click on. I'm better now about naming shaders because of this, but it would be great to see a repeat of the shader sphere in the switch shader window. Quicker to see the color I want to choose.  

Thanks again! Really enjoying 24 so far. Pardon my rambling, and thank you so much for your time! 

Message 5 of 7

Oh I found the tool resets under utilities, sorry! 

Message 6 of 7
ptelisman
in reply to: mcgeecardesign

1. Importing preferences from older versions is not very stable. For example, if I were to click only import marking menus, it does not bring them over. But if I leave everything selected, they will come over. It seems some items are assigned to different categories when porting over. This happens with several items, like color schemes. I was able to get everything over though, thankfully. But it seems partially broken. I understand it must be hard going from the two preference file types.
**Side note, if you're having trouble finding your shelves when you import prefs, go through Windows / shelves, and check through them to see if they're there. Old Control Panel-docked shelves are now called "Classic Panel Tools Shelf". 

New issue Logged - ALS-26024

- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. For me, "draw style" settings are super inconsistent. It seems file specific too. My base preferences are "single" surfaces, "solid" symmetry. But EVERY time I open a certain model for the first time when booting Alias, it shows as "double" and "dotted". Even after saving the profile.  Most times I just have to open the "draw style" menu and close it, and it will return to normal. However, another file I open does not do this. The problem seems inconsistent overall, hard to reproduce. I've tried to port over just a few important details of my preferences, but I still have the issue. Seems fine when using the Guest Profile, but I don't want to start from scratch. Known issue's which have been logged -
- ALS-25767
- ALS-17079
- ALS-26768 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Some of the interface colors are missing or not assigned correctly.- "max" part of Inactive measurement locators are assigned as CV color- Annot 1&2 are completely missing in the Inactive Modeling section- CoS color active is assigned the same as Curve, CoS missing altogether- CoS color inactive is assigned as UV History Curve, CoS missing altogetherThere are probably more, but I just imported the colors from my 23 profile and didn't touch them further.The color selector menu is also very laggy for some reason.

Notes:

1.Looked back to 2020 and the Annot 1&2 are missing from the  User Colours Window as well? Which version are you using? Could you attach a screenshot for reference?
2. CoS active state has always been light green?? No interface control from within the User Colours Window. Could you attach an image of the particular example?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------4. I'm very new to animation, but after creating an animation in a file, it's very slow to tumble which is expected, but when I delete the whole animation and keyframes, tumble speed does not recover until I restart Alias. Is there something else I need to do to kill the animation system?

ALS-3079 - Slowness when symmetry represented using stipple lines. Marked as an improvement.

Message 7 of 7

Hi to all,

in the 2024 version I encounter the problem, that -if I want to select a surface and there are two patches on the same spot, the selection popup shows and the screen freezes for a moment in consequence I can´t select.

an other problem is, when I switch between workspaces my menus, which I set to "autohide" don´t autohide anymore I have to reset this every time manually.

The program in transform CV under proportional Mode can´t memorize the falloff, it is always set to 0

I have quite a fem more but let´s see what will be better with the next update.

Regards

Markus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report