Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet Metal Gauge Thickness

Sheet Metal Gauge Thickness

I have been trying to get this added in manually with the assistance of Graitec support and Autodesk support and it is overly complicated. Please add gauge thicknesses under the "Thickness" pulldown when creating plates. I want to be able to pick "11ga, 12ga, 16ga....etc" from the list and have the assembly/part details display "11ga, 12ga, 16ga....etc" as the thickness and not a fraction. 

28 Comments
acbsdesign
Mentor

I think everybody who does misc. metals stairs, concrete filled pan type, should vote for this. 

jess_neal
Advocate

100% agree. Tread pans are always specified in Ga thickness and not with fractions.

Anonymous
Not applicable

must be added.this feature is so important for most if the user

DumitruBerteanu
Community Manager
Status changed to: Under Review

jess_neal
Advocate

Just had another project today that called out 12ga. Had to manually edit text to satisfy the customer!

jess_neal
Advocate

This is OVER 2 YEARS OLD. What's the holdup?

jess_neal
Advocate

@Gernot.Jeromin  This was submitted 2 YEARS AGO. When will this be implemented?

acbsdesign
Mentor

@Gernot.Jeromin 

This has to be done ASAP.

AS was supposed to be well done for misc. metals, but still lacking basic functionality.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Guys.

So this is what I did.  Since I only use "Folded Beam/Plate for my Stair Pans.  I replaced the token "%Thickness" with the token "%Denotation" in my defaults for the "Folded Beam/Plate Name".

Knowing that %Denotation = Free Remark.

I insert the text 10 GA, 12 GA, 14 GA etc etc etc,,,, as needed in the Free Remark. 

And, since Adding/changing the Free Remark using the Model Browser is so easy, it has been a very good solution for me.

No need of Mapping.

jess_neal
Advocate

@Gernot.Jeromin 

@DumitruBerteanu 

Approaching 3 years old on this one. Why are features your users are asking for not being implemented? 

acbsdesign
Mentor

@jess_neal 

The fist mentioned does not understand steel detailing and does not use AS at all.

no comment

really

billingtondetailing
Enthusiast

Pinging to get a reply when an update happens. This is totally asinine that this has been requested so long ago and hasn't been implemented. It's basic functionality..

acbsdesign
Mentor

This is what happens when a big company loses control who is hired to do what.

advandes
Advisor

It appears to me that sheet metal gauges are still not available. is this the case? 

jess_neal
Advocate

@Gernot.Jeromin  4 YEARS OLD AND STILL NOT IMPLEMENTED

deand
Participant

This would be a great option

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a must-have ...

Julio_Soto
Collaborator

So any new here?

jess_neal
Advocate

No news. Autodesk doesn't care what it's users want or need. We just take what is given to us at this point. 

acbsdesign
Mentor

One was asked recently "what is your passion"-A very tricky question, but right on time and at the right place. 

"Remodeling bathrooms" he said. (Or something similar, old houses or stuff like that).

I thought he is going to say "Steel, Advance Steel, Steel Detailing, Modeling, BIM, ..."

None of these. No comment, really.

Autodesk is making same old, same old mistake.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report