cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Main Part Drawing over several sheets

Main Part Drawing over several sheets

It should be possible to generate main parts over several sheets. It can happen that assemblies are so large and complex that you need a lot of sections that do not all fit on one sheet.

It would be great if you could move these sections to another layout.

Otherwise you are forced to generate an main part several times so that you can create all the sections. Unfortunately, this does not result in a proper drawing.

It becomes confusing because, for example, the sections have to be numbered starting from the beginning each time.

3 Comments
Lewk_PSB
Advocate

I would recommend using cameras for the sections and putting them on GA drawings with a note similar to "For Use With Drawing XX". This way the drawing doesn't "lose" its registration with the model and you can name the drawing whatever you like in the Document Manager (example: dwgs 300, 300A, 300B, etc.)

As for naming the sections, you can name the cameras whatever you'd like them to be and insert blocks manually into the drawing for your cut symbol - which you can then edit. This takes the automatic numbering/naming system for Cut Views and Callout Views out of the equation.

I use this method all the time, and once you have the system down it's a very quick process with decent customizability.

Lewk_PSB
Advocate

Another workaround:

• create the mp detail and all cut views
  • copy the whole dwg and registrate it to the model
  • on the first dwg move all  cut views, which should be on dwg no2 outside frame
  • in the second dwg move all cut views outside the fram which are on dwg no1 and move back all cut views which should be seen

I know this is not a perfect workaround but work in a few cases very good.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report