cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Correct Gauges for Beam Flanges per AISC

Correct Gauges for Beam Flanges per AISC

Hello,

Per attached screen shot, W16x26 has a flange width of 5.5", and bolt gauge should be 2 3/4", but it is entered in Advance as 3 1/2".

Please fix this to be per AISC:

16.5" and over-7 1/2" ga

8-16 1/4...........5 1/2" ga

6-7 3/4"............3 1/2" ga

5-5 3/4"............2 3/4"

under 5"...........4" ga

Regards,

Ilko Dimitrov

8 Comments
haedicu
Alumni
Status changed to: Under Review

Thank you for reporting this. We will review and may take it in consideration for a future version of Advance Steel.

best regards

Udo

Anonymous
Not applicable

hello sir,

Please check the aisc latest edition 14.1. Aisc change the gauge values for the beams that you describe.and Advance steel refer to the latest edition of the AISC edition.So in this case advance steel is correct .so please check latest edition and also i just want to inform you aisc also change the k value and radius value for so many W sections.

I believe this will clear your doubt.

I want to hearing back from you.

thank you

veermani singh

acbsdesign
Mentor

Veermani,

In 14.1, the excel file, W16x26 has flange width of 5.5", where is the change shown?

Ilko Dimitrov

acbsdesign
Mentor

Also-when working with joist suppliers-they have 2 3/4" gauge as a standard for 5.5" flange width.

acbsdesign
Mentor

I see AISC is listing W16x26 with 3 1/2" ga, but joist suppliers and detailing guides (such as Alcott Calculator) are listing 5.5" wide flanges to have 2 3/4" ga.

It looks like Advance has listed the gages correctly, now the next question is why are the others having the gage as 2 3/4".

acbsdesign
Mentor

Hi Udo,

Please disregard, values are entered correctly in Advance, at least for W16x26.

The two sources I use are having different GA value - probably they did not update their database.

Have a great day.

Ilko Dimitrov

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello 

it seems that other sub-contractors are working as per aisc 13th  edition.

if you want to meet yourself with them like you want Gauge value 2 3/4 for W16X26

i have also an other idea for you.

please use zzzobsolete I section that are situated in advance steel.they are as per 13th edition of aisc manual with them you get will all the things like gage value,radius also k values as per your records

so i believe i wiil help you to coordinate with other sub contractor.

please reply me if it will solve your problem.

i want to hearing back from you.

regards

veermani singh

haedicu
Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators